Thread: SES Enable and MIL - What does What?

Senior Tuner

To HP Engineers - SES Enable and MIL - What does What?

GM based platforms have 4 choices for the MIL set and SES enable/disable.

I get the SES enable, its for the service related tripped errors.

But with only a check box and not the normal choices for when to throw the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) or not to report at all, what does unchecking the MIL box actually do? Does it do any of the equivalent options as GM below?

MIL on First Error
    MIL on Second Error
    No MIL Light
    No Error Reported
    Last edited by 06300CSRT8; 08-18-2015 at 03:11 PM.

Tuner
    nobody knows
    01 vert m6 with forged main shaft 377 ls2 block forged etp 225 cam motions 228/228 twin garrett gtx 3076 alky control twin nozzle bear brakes,calloway coilovers, hre 19/18 with hoosier r6 .

For my old 2002 Camaro, leaving the SES enabled but setting the MIL to No Error Reported would keep the light from coming on, but would also set all of the readiness tests to ready/complete instead of incomplete. If you disabled the SES, the readiness tests would show incomplete. I never had to do a plug-in emissions test of any sort, so I never tested whether or not the car would have passed that type of test...I ran the car in speed density, open loop at all times.

That said, I've not messed with the settings on my Viper, granted I'm not sure if anything I came up with for this platform would translate to anything else in the Dodge lineup.
    Last edited by MeentSS02; 08-25-2015 at 10:49 PM.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130