Thread: p0717 with a 4l60e, do I need a segment swap?

p0717 with a 4l60e, do I need a segment swap?

Complete noob here, so please go easy. Hopefully I'll get my tune file attached.

Notes about vehicle:
    1998 S10 with stock 4l60e, running a 2000 silverado 6.0, ecm & harness.

The engine, ecm and harness I'm using are from a 2000 silverado that had a 4l80. I'm getting the p0717, even though I changed the trans type to 4l60 which I believe didn't have an ISS in 2000. Do I need to do a segment swap to remove the ecm looking for the ISS? I repined the tranny connector to run the 4l60 following the instructions on lt1swap but kept the ISS wires connected on the pcm side (my thought was when I destroyed the 4l60, I'd put in a 4l80 and the ISS wires would be there already). Is there something I didn't do correctly, or missed? I've only driven this truck out of the garage, so I can't say how it's shifts but the speedometer worked

1998 s10 2015-08-17 Rev B.hpt

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Brendang2000; 08-21-2015 at 02:44 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    If you are running a 4l80 where there used to be a 4l60e, then you will need a segment swap. Just changing the trans type in the options will not be enough... I think that just configures the gear ratio changes between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Markmx6 View Post
    If you are running a 4l80 where there used to be a 4l60e, then you will need a segment swap. Just changing the trans type in the options will not be enough... I think that just configures the gear ratio changes between the two.
    Thanks for the reply! It had a 4l80 and I went to a 4l60e, but I'm sure the same segment swap is needed. Time to contact support for the utility. Thanks again!!!

Potential Tuner
    I?m having issues with a 4l60E transmission in a ?07 Sierra. I?m getting a P0717 code and very harsh shifts especially 1-2 gear. I?ve had diagnostics and troubleshooting done at a dealer and they said it was in fact the ISS sensor. I replaced the whole transmission with a rebuilt one just to have the same problem. Any help or advice would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Scott64chevy View Post
    I?m having issues with a 4l60E transmission in a ?07 Sierra. I?m getting a P0717 code and very harsh shifts especially 1-2 gear. I?ve had diagnostics and troubleshooting done at a dealer and they said it was in fact the ISS sensor. I replaced the whole transmission with a rebuilt one just to have the same problem. Any help or advice would be appreciated
    You might want to start a new thread if you haven't already, as my P0717 was due to changing from the 4L80 to the 4L60. Doing the segment swap fixed my issue. Although since you changed the tranny and still have the same issue, I'm guessing the issue isn't in the tranny. Check to make sure your harness isn't cut, sliced or damaged in any way. I'm thinking the issue is either with your harness or PCM. Sorry I can't be more helpful.