Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Z06- scanner says it's a 2013- Won't scan most parameters

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    2.24 has been the same for months, last I checked which was about two weeks ago. same version every time.
    I usually keep (and rename with verison numbers after downloading) previous versions. I just checked and I downloaded 2.24.1165 on 7/23 and just yesterday downloaded 2.24.1166. Just for some idea of when the latest version was relaeased (sometime between 7/23 and 8/27).

Just an FYI...

Is there a detaild changelog somewhere?

I updated all my software this morning and deleted my vehicle folder and this is what I have concluded.
    Using 2.24 and connected to a 2016 stingray and it built it as a 2014 and with very few pids as stated above not even KR pid.
    Using 2.25 and connected and looks like most pids are there and polled it as a 2016 but....
    Still cant use external inputs
    Still cant user configure a pid and there is no pressure ratio pid
    There is no way to configure a column row or even add a column to a histogram

Looks like we are moving on to the beta version but the big question is when is it going to be functional?
    And now we can devote our time creating custom configs?
    I know in the long term the change is for the better but what are we to do right now?
    Disabling 2.24 features through this transition is forcing us to do business elsewhere?

Maybe HP Tunes staff can step in and help through this transition

Mike

Edit: Looks like you have to change from histogram view to table view to create a typical row/column table/histogram. My bad... looks like I have some learning to do.... Time to reverse engineer beta!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Road; 08-28-2015 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    I usually keep (and rename with verison numbers after downloading) previous versions. I just checked and I downloaded 2.24.1165 on 7/23 and just yesterday downloaded 2.24.1166. Just for some idea of when the latest version was relaeased (sometime between 7/23 and 8/27).

Just an FYI...

Is there a detaild changelog somewhere?
    it was 1165 for a long time (last checked it maybe a week ago, I think) so I will check out 1166, thanks for the update.

Senior Tuner
    I tune my friends 2015 ZO6 with the 2.24 scanner...no issues at all. Make sure you've got the newest build...for a long time I didn't see an update to 2.24...then there was one more...and I haven't seen it change in a while again...which is fine...it's very stable on the cars it supports...and 90% of the cars I'm tuning are supported by 2.24. I hope it means if there's a development team that was splitting time between both, that they're now more focused on 2.25.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    I updated all my software this morning and deleted my vehicle folder and this is what I have concluded.
    Using 2.24 and connected to a 2016 stingray and it built it as a 2014 and with very few pids as stated above not even KR pid.
    Using 2.25 and connected and looks like most pids are there and polled it as a 2016 but....
    Still cant use external inputs
    Still cant user configure a pid and there is no pressure ratio pid
    There is no way to configure a column row or even add a column to a histogram

Looks like we are moving on to the beta version but the big question is when is it going to be functional?
    And now we can devote our time creating custom configs?
    I know in the long term the change is for the better but what are we to do right now?
    Disabling 2.24 features through this transition is forcing us to do business elsewhere?

Maybe HP Tunes staff can step in and help through this transition

Mike

Edit: Looks like you have to change from histogram view to table view to create a typical row/column table/histogram. My bad... looks like I have some learning to do.... Time to reverse engineer beta!!
    Mike,

Select type:Table

Not histogram

Long story short we've renamed what we used to call a histogram.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

This just keeps getting worse. I tried to log the car with 2.25 and it will log for 4.96 seconds and quit. Does it every time. Now what do I do?
    A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
    477 LAMBERT ST
    OXNARD CA 93036
    WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
    SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

[email protected] 805- 278 4107 Toll Free- 1 888 VETTEPRO

Quote Originally Posted by Andy@A&A View Post
    This just keeps getting worse. I tried to log the car with 2.25 and it will log for 4.96 seconds and quit. Does it every time. Now what do I do?
    uninstall and reinstall regular and beta, then read it with 2.25.

this was happening to me a few months ago, I tried to use the 2.24 scanner on my 2015 6.2 truck and it broke everything.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I ran some tests on their pc remotely and it appears to be a scanner definition issue on our end, I'm having our head engineer look into it further.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    uninstall and reinstall regular and beta, then read it with 2.25.

this was happening to me a few months ago, I tried to use the 2.24 scanner on my 2015 6.2 truck and it broke everything.
    That worked. At least I could scan it with 2.25. Thanks.

On the 2.24 scanner issue:
    Bill spent a lot of time going back and forth with us via email and then remotely. While the issue is not resolved as of yet, I really do appreciate the effort on his part. At least I see that I'm not just crazy and there really was an issue that can be resolved. Kudos.
    A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
    477 LAMBERT ST
    OXNARD CA 93036
    WWW.AACorvette.com

That worked. At least I could scan it with 2.25. Thanks.

On the 2.24 scanner issue:
    Bill spent a lot of time going back and forth with us via email and then remotely. While the issue is not resolved as of yet, I really do appreciate the effort on his part. At least I see that I'm not just crazy and there really was an issue that can be resolved. Kudos.
    We already know your crazy Andy! LOL

I think many of the issues are self inflicted....meaning from development wise. Its part of the process but drives you nuts...especially when you in the middle of something important....which some of us is every car. Would be nice if the updates came with a list if what was updated....or maybe it does and I haven't seen it
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Well I'm a little better off but not much. The new update gives me a host of new parameters but I can't make any histograms work. I can't even log timing, knock retard, MAF AFR error, or pretty much anything else in a histogram.
    We sent support a bunch of screen shots and what I thought was a pretty detailed explanation of the issues and all we got back was " table - not histogram" (This is 2.24 not 2.25) What does that mean and how can that possibly help me?
    Also none of the things HPT updated will work on my 2016. Everything worked fine up until last week and now I'm just left in the dark.
    If anyone can help me with this I would be willing to pay generously for your time. I've spent 5 days on one car and am just getting backed up and frustrated.
    Sorry for the rant but this just doesn't seem right.
    A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
    477 LAMBERT ST
    OXNARD CA 93036
    WWW.AACorvette.com

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Are you using the 2.24 scanner or 2.25? I was under the assumption that you were using the 2.25 scanner, not 2.24...

Histograms are completely different in 2.25 vs 2.24 as you may have already noticed, we changed the names it is now named table, not histogram, hence the email response I sent. I'm sure this will be explained further in the help files as we move closer to the 2.25 launch.

Just a note you should at least get used to the 2.25 interface as we won't be going backwards, 2.24 is pretty much history and we aren't going to be modifying it much at all in order to keep it as stable as possible(ie you change something in it and it opens up the possibility of breaking things).

This is all 2.24. It worked fine until a week or two ago. All the stuff Josh sent you today was 2.24. Everyone (well not everyone) seems to able to use 2.24 ?
    I know I'll have to get used to 2.25 but right now I can't hook my wideband to it. You may have noticed that nobody likes the new scanner. The editor is different but it's reasonably easy to figure out. The scanner is like a different language to me. I'll need time to make the transition.
    I would just like the 2.24 to work like it did before. I tuned 2 Z06s with no scanner issues at all. Now, like you said, "it's broken" I tried going back to an earlier version and it's the same way.
    I did some scanning of my '16 a couple of weeks ago and it worked fine.
    Ben sent me a couple of Config files to help with the DD tables etc. and they are pretty much blank on my computers.
    Like I said, I would be willing to pay almost anything at this point to just get it back the way it was.
    Again, my apologies for ranting but I'm just screwed right now.
    A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
    477 LAMBERT ST
    OXNARD CA 93036
    WWW.AACorvette.com

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    We sent support a bunch of screen shots and what I thought was a pretty detailed explanation of the issues and all we got back was " table - not histogram" (This is 2.24 not 2.25) What does that mean and how can that possibly help me?
    I just went back and read over the email, you sent 2 screenshots, both of the 2.24 editor. I see no scanner screenshots.

The last email before that one I got said "That fixed it!

Thx so much!

You guys are the best!"

No scanner logs were sent, no screenshots of the scanner were sent, maybe spark airmass(g) isn't a loggable pid, I'm honestly not sure. I can have our head engineer look into it further for you but I can't promise you anything to be perfectly honest.

Advanced Tuner
    Just so we understand things - are we saying that using 2.25 can "break" 2.24? I'm not sure i understand why 2.25 would have any impact on 2.24 whatsoever.

If using 2.25 can "break" 2.24, is it becuase of a firmware update to the MPVI device or something? If so, can the firmwar be reverted if needed?

Just trying to get a clear understanding of whats going on here and why using 2.25 would cause 2.24 to stop working. Obviously, 2.25 is a beta and cannot/should not be used for "production" yet, so if it breaks 2.24, then that is a pretty serious issue/concern....

Again, I have not been able to use 2.24 Scanner on anything newer than a 2014 (2015+).

For example, I use 2.24 Scanner on my 2014 C7.

2.24 Scanner does not work and will bug out if I try to connect to my 2015 Silverado.

2.25 Scanner works fine on my 2015 Silverado but I do not use it on my 2014 C7 because it is too tedious to reset up all of my configs, etc not to mention all the PIDs I need are still not available (no user PIDs or pressure ratio, etc)

I do not use 2.24 Editor ever, I use 2.25 Editor for everything since it seems to work fine except for the occasional writing issues, depending on the version.

I don't think I would expect anything different than the above. I know you stated you were using the 2.24 Scanner on 2016/2016 application (maybe they weren't E92 PCMs?)....but it has never worked for me from day one past MY 2014.....

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Higgs I would make sense to email support with your issues so that we can fix them, otherwise when 2.25 moves to the public standard you are going to be in the same boat except at that point you won't be able to run it in parallel with 2.24

Advanced Tuner
    So when 2.25 becomes the "public standard", 2.24 will no longer work?? I'm referring to the statement above that Higgs will not be able to run them in parallel when 2.25 become the "public standard". I'm rather new to HPTuners, so I'm never been through a version upgrade before...

Thanks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    it'll still work but you'll have to go back & forth installing software versions, not really ideal when trying to tune a vehicle. Bottom line is if you are using or have requested the 2.25 beta get used to it, both scanner & editor as they will soon be the new standard.

This is all 2.24. It worked fine until a week or two ago. All the stuff Josh sent you today was 2.24. Everyone (well not everyone) seems to able to use 2.24 ?
    I know I'll have to get used to 2.25 but right now I can't hook my wideband to it. You may have noticed that nobody likes the new scanner. The editor is different but it's reasonably easy to figure out. The scanner is like a different language to me. I'll need time to make the transition.
    I would just like the 2.24 to work like it did before. I tuned 2 Z06s with no scanner issues at all. Now, like you said, "it's broken" I tried going back to an earlier version and it's the same way.
    I did some scanning of my '16 a couple of weeks ago and it worked fine.
    Ben sent me a couple of Config files to help with the DD tables etc. and they are pretty much blank on my computers.
    Like I said, I would be willing to pay almost anything at this point to just get it back the way it was.
    Again, my apologies for ranting but I'm just screwed right now.
    Andy

I too share your frustration at least you was offered some support! You might consider in investing in one of the other tuning software's to help with situations like this.

Mike