Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Z06- scanner says it's a 2013- Won't scan most parameters

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    Andy

I too share your frustration at least you was offered some support! You might consider in investing in one of the other tuning software's to help with situations like this.

Mike
    What sort of issue are you running into Mike? Have you emailed support regarding your issues? If so what Is your ticket id number so I can look it up.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    What sort of issue are you running into Mike? Have you emailed support regarding your issues? If so what Is your ticket id number so I can look it up.
    I haven't E-Mailed you maybe I should have.
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ng-Incorrectly
    Thanks
    Mike

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Please email support with the screenshots & .hpt file and I'll have our head engineer review the definition. FWIW your screenshots appear to be with 2.24 so this really isn't a version issue. For future reference bugs need to go through support, the forum is meant for help tuning, not for troubleshooting bugs.

Higgs I would make sense to email support with your issues so that we can fix them, otherwise when 2.25 moves to the public standard you are going to be in the same boat except at that point you won't be able to run it in parallel with 2.24
    I don't see myself as having an issue (at least not with HPT 2.24/2.25)....

2.25 is a Beta so I don't expect it to have everything 2.24 does, but I will when you shut down 2.24 and 2.25 is the new regular.

2.25 "works" alongside 2.24 just fine, I just prefer the 2.24 scanner as long as the 2.25 scanner is neutered (still no VCM control for example).

I don't think emailing support is going to suddenly enable the things that are missing (because it's a Beta).

The only issue I am having with 2.25 Editor is that it is unable to write the ECM and TCM at the same time, it times out on the TCM write every time. If I separate the writes and do two separate, one for ECM, then one for TCM, it usually works, sometimes I have to restart the Editor and go again. I have emailed support about it, it got fixed, then it broke again.....nothing has changed on my end. Same car, tune file, VIN, etc.

Please email support with the screenshots & .hpt file and I'll have our head engineer review the definition. FWIW your screenshots appear to be with 2.24 so this really isn't a version issue. For future reference bugs need to go through support, the forum is meant for help tuning, not for troubleshooting bugs.
    Ok thanks Bill I know you are busy and I was trying to easy your work load.

Thank you
    Mike

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    I don't see myself as having an issue (at least not with HPT 2.24/2.25)....

2.25 is a Beta so I don't expect it to have everything 2.24 does, but I will when you shut down 2.24 and 2.25 is the new regular.

2.25 "works" alongside 2.24 just fine, I just prefer the 2.24 scanner as long as the 2.25 scanner is neutered (still no VCM control for example).

I don't think emailing support is going to suddenly enable the things that are missing (because it's a Beta).

The only issue I am having with 2.25 Editor is that it is unable to write the ECM and TCM at the same time, it times out on the TCM write every time. If I separate the writes and do two separate, one for ECM, then one for TCM, it usually works, sometimes I have to restart the Editor and go again. I have emailed support about it, it got fixed, then it broke again.....nothing has changed on my end. Same car, tune file, VIN, etc.
    Features are one thing, we're working through each of them one by one.

Bugs are another, whether its a write issue, software crashing, software scanning 50 pids when it should be scanning 250, etc.-These you really should contact support about while I do not personally fix these I assign them to the correct person who does, if you have an issue, we fix it, it goes away but then comes back its STILL an issue and you need to let us know this through the correct channels.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    Ok thanks Bill I know you are busy and I was trying to easy your work load.

Thank you
    Mike
    I have a part time support person helping me out with the easier stuff, I work on the harder items ie bugs, I'd prefer you email support if you run into an issue rather than posting the issue, nobody helping you on the forum and then seeing you complain in another thread that nobody from support helps you lol

So the "2 weeks" message that appear in the 2.25 scanner when you click Vehicle > MPVI Pro Data Logging

image 2015-09-04_ 09.51.36.jpg

is related to Bill's signature: "It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks..."

Now I understand.

Well, it's not easy to get used to new things and seems that there's still a long path to make things work properly but from previous experience I know that HPTuners guys will eventually solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy@A&A View Post
    This is all 2.24. It worked fine until a week or two ago. All the stuff Josh sent you today was 2.24. Everyone (well not everyone) seems to able to use 2.24 ?
    I know I'll have to get used to 2.25 but right now I can't hook my wideband to it. You may have noticed that nobody likes the new scanner. The editor is different but it's reasonably easy to figure out. The scanner is like a different language to me. I'll need time to make the transition.
    I would just like the 2.24 to work like it did before. I tuned 2 Z06s with no scanner issues at all. Now, like you said, "it's broken" I tried going back to an earlier version and it's the same way.
    I did some scanning of my '16 a couple of weeks ago and it worked fine.
    Ben sent me a couple of Config files to help with the DD tables etc. and they are pretty much blank on my computers.
    Like I said, I would be willing to pay almost anything at this point to just get it back the way it was.
    Again, my apologies for ranting but I'm just screwed right now.
    This is interesting... and is not new to support as I just went through this with them on August 31st.
    I tuned my 2015 Silverado with zero issues and all PIDs were available for 2 months which I have plenty of scans to prove it. One day I decided to update 2.24 and lost over half of my PID's (I believe it only polled 55 to be exact). Final response from Support/Engineering was that my OSID is not supported by 2.24. It just so happened that I took my truck in for warranty ECU/TCU update so I wrote it off as they must have changed OSID during reflash and that was the end of my session with support. 2.25 does not have the capabilities I need right now so this is not an option.

The only thing I have going for me was that I got all my tuning done with wideband for headers and intake using 2.24 before it went to shit and am just glad that I hadn't started my cam install or my learning curve time I expect for 2.25 would be focused on a different tuning software. I'm just a hobbyist so I really cant justify that right now.
    2014 Silverado 5.3 - New Mod Template

Anyone having issues with histograms on 16 Z06? As others, 2.24 will not work. 2.25 histograms are not populating any data.
    07 ZO6- warhawk 427/APS TT/HPT 2.5bar

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by INTMD8 View Post
    Anyone having issues with histograms on 16 Z06? As others, 2.24 will not work. 2.25 histograms are not populating any data.
    My understanding is that they won't populate in real time yet, but you can populate it after the fact when you go back and look at the data.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Thanks for the info! ^^^^ I guess I will just have to use the forum for tech support. Bill of course didn't mention this to me, just says "mine works".

[email protected]

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    you sent me the file, I assumed you opened the file as well.

It worked for me when I opened it.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    and now that I look back over my emails I tried to connect to you via teamviewer in order to remotely test on your pc so I could figure out what you were doing wrong...

Ok so what was I doing wrong? Histograms not working as they always have so I email asking about the functionality of 2.25 scanner. Instead of being told they will not populate unless replayed I'm told "it works for me".

Just saying, if the functionality of the beta has changed over how it has always worked in the past, and the issue is directly related to exactly what I'm asking about, mentioning that would be helpful. (At least seems to me an easier solution than connecting to my pc via teamviewer)

[email protected]

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by INTMD8 View Post
    Ok so what was I doing wrong? Histograms not working as they always have so I email asking about the functionality of 2.25 scanner. Instead of being told they will not populate unless replayed I'm told "it works for me".

Just saying, if the functionality of the beta has changed over how it has always worked in the past, and the issue is directly related to exactly what I'm asking about, mentioning that would be helpful. (At least seems to me an easier solution than connecting to my pc via teamviewer)
    I have no idea, hence the reason that I wanted to connect to your pc so I can take a look, sometimes I need to see what exactly you are doing over and above what a single screenshot can offer. Did what Meent say turn out to the issue? If so great, I'm glad he was able to figure it out a step before me. If not let me know.

^^^ Yes, that was the issue. I rarely replay logs unless I'm looking at something from a different date. Usually populate the histogram cell by cell, stop scan, cursor back.

[email protected]

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Glad to hear it, sorry I wasn't able to immediately diagnose your issue with the beta software and needed to connect remotely in order to do so, it happens. I believe our software designer is working on this but no eta currently as to when the data will populate while logging, he's mentioned this several times on the forum FWIW.

Not worth anything as I didn't read it.

If beta does not populate histograms in real time and I email saying my histograms are blank, I think that would be something to lead with?????

Not saying you should be able to immediately diagnose every issue, just that if there is a known issue with 2.25 relating to the exact problem I'm having please feel free to mention it as it would save me a lot of time! Thank you.

[email protected]

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'll be honest with you I haven't scanned a vehicle with 2.25, only viewed logs, so it didn't even cross my mind.