Thread: Make data log move at a different speed?

Make data log move at a different speed?

So I have a video I've encoded using Microsoft Hyperlapse. The problem with using this program is you can't put your data overlay on it before encoding because it takes a 1080p video and crops the edges to 720p which ends up cutting off parts of your overlays. So I've encoded my video at 8x speed and want to put my data overlay on top of the now speed up video. Is there a way to make just my data log move 8x faster while the video stays at 1x?

Yes, you could double-click on your data file in RaceRender's "Input Files" list, and then change the "Play Speed" setting to 8.0 (1.0 would be normal 1x play speed). This same setting is also accessible via the Synchronization Tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    Yes, you could double-click on your data file in RaceRender's "Input Files" list, and then change the "Play Speed" setting to 8.0 (1.0 would be normal 1x play speed). This same setting is also accessible via the Synchronization Tool.
    Seems I found a bug related to this. I can change the value in the setting you told me and it does seem to work. However when I load the Side by Side tool to sync the files and click ok all the maps vanish and if I open the Side by Side tool again the map is gone there too. This happened in 3.2.0 and I just updated to 3.2.1 and there as well.

This image shows the data before I click ok.
    8x.PNG

This image shows the data after I click ok and then open the Side by Side tool again.
    8x_Gone_All.PNG

Something to try would be to set the "Sync Input Time" to zero, or otherwise re-sync it after adjusting the playback rate. My first theory here is that it might be set high, which could cause it to try to start after the data actually ends, resulting in no data samples actually being using, and therefore no map.

The map image used for the Side-by-Side Sync Tool (as well as the Trim Tool) may have a delayed effect based on the previous settings that were entered, because it's just not efficient to regenerate the map image continuously for the new settings. It can be reset by setting the start time to zero, clicking OK, and then going back into the tool.

I've tried that but it doesn't work. I have to close RaceRender and start again to get it to show. If I save a file after this happens and load it back up again I can never get the map to show again.

Ok. Could you send the affected data file to me at Info@RaceRender.com ? I haven't able to replicate that behavior when I try it here, so I would expect that this problem is somehow related to an interaction with the particular data file (or data system) being used. Once I get a file that enables me to replicate this problem, I should be able to take a closer look and try to get to the bottom of this...