Thread: BF GT Tuning/Trans

BF GT Tuning/Trans

I know alot of people are tuning the turbo's but does anyone have alot of experience on the BF GT and the Auto trans tuning, The Trans tables are nothing like the GM
    ones and until i know what the force motor current tables refer to i'm not keen on changing it, the owner of the car just wants the trans to shift a little
    firmer and give the engine tune a touch up, the car is dead standard.

i have had a look in the tune repository but there is nothing there to help and VCM Suite only had an XR8 manual tune to send as a compare file which did not help.

can anyone assist, thanks

Advanced Tuner
    I think you are looking at the 4sp auto table. Did you read the TCM also?

I just clicked on read entire, i must have missed something then

how the hell do i upload a tune onto here, copy and paste doesn't seem to work

Advanced Tuner
    What version of HPT are you using?

I'm not sure where do i find the version i have
    Yes it's cool, NO! i'm not going to paint it

i have just downloaded the current 2.24 version, pulled the tune again "Read entire", still looks as though i only have 4 sp, is there another way to read the TCM or should it read with Read Entire ?

2.24 can't read ZF you need the latest build 2.25 for this

Either email support and ask to have a 2.25 build added to your customers page or i can email u a link to a 2.25 build

Then do a full read again
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Thanks JETTURBO, finally an answer from someone, i'll email support and see what happens, i did email them asking some questions but their reply was to come back to the forum

Yeh mate suppprt is the equivalent to a box of confetti after you have the shits

It's there but only spot effective, not biased tho as they reply with one word responses even to VCM Australia who u think would get some respect.....
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

VCM Aus should get a better response than that, Hopefully they get back to me soon, last time it took a long time

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Some things only need a one word response. If someone asks me, for instance, if their 1987 Toyota Corolla 1.8ltr 4 cyl is supported I would say "No" or maybe "unfortunately not", I think most people get upset with support because we don't offer tuning advice, that's the biggest complaint I get at least. We don't necessarily need to employ "car guys" here though to handle support of our hardware/software, although it helps in some instances 99 out of 100 of the emails I get really don't need a tuning background to be able to troubleshoot through from start to finish.

Additionally regarding your response time we are a relatively small company when, up until about 3 weeks ago, I was the lone support person and I was being stretched pretty thin at that. Hopefully the response times will get better, although for Australian brethren it doesn't always work out that way with the large time difference ie when its 8am there its 5 or 6pm here.

In regards to VCM suite Australia 9 out of 10 of their emails are usually just requesting an app key so for the most part its not even a one word answer as simply an app key.

We try to do our best to answer emails as directly and quickly as possible, adding a ton of verbiage just to do so often wastes time on both ends and when people are saying "it took a long time last time" I think most would appreciate that we don't dilly dally with our responses and try to be as straight & to the point as we possibly can.

Thanks
    -Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thanks for the response Bill, we don't know how many support people HP has, now we do we won't be so impatient, all i needed to be told was that i needed 2.25 to do the Ford Aus 6 speed trans, i have emailed support and awaiting a reply

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yup, I responded
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

thank you, downloading now, it seems to be a large file

Advanced Tuner
    Other tuning Companies, charge by the hr for Tech support (which I don't disagree with as nothing is free in this world!). Given how cheap and accessible HPT actually is and the fact that support is essentially free, I can't believe people on this forum whinge like a bunch of school girls when things don't go their way!

Ratwagon, the ZF files are huge so don't stress! The n/a 8's don't achieve massive gains from tuning alone. Look to hardware mods for power and then tune to compliment them.

Potential Tuner
    Despite what seems to be natural growing pains there is many of us here in Australia that are very grateful of the openness and 'fair' licensing model of this product.

VCM here are very helpful and we'll be using these on a number of Boss and LS powered cars.

Good things take time and I'm sure this will become a leading product.

Cheers,
    Mark.

Potential Tuner

Thanks

Despite what seems to be natural growing pains there is many of us here in Australia that are very grateful of the 'openness and fair' licensing model of this product.

VCM here are very helpful and we'll be using these on a number of Boss and LS powered cars.

Good things take time and I'm sure this will become a leading product.

Cheers,
    Mark.