Thread: 2015 Mustang Full Write Operating System and Strategy Change?

2015 Mustang Full Write Operating System and Strategy Change?

How do I do a full write on the TC-1791 PCM?
    The PCM originally had a factory strategy on it. But it was updated at a Ford Dealership and all the new updates are from a 2016 model Mustang.
    The Ford IDS software will not allow original As-built data to go back to the old calibration because even the As-built data was updated on Fords Networks to reflect the new 2016 mustang updated calibration.
    For personal reasons, I need to go back to the old calibration.
    I have the old calibration saved in HPT format, as well as the new calibration also.
    However, when I reflash the old calibration back on the car, the dash pids read blank and the fuel pump clicks on and off repeatedly.
    So, I know the HPT software is not writing a full PCM, just a calibration and it is not compatible with the new operating system.
    How do I get the HPT softare to do a full write on the PCM so I can write back the calibration and the operating system so I can go back to the original data?
    Xaptured Innovations

2015 Ford Mustang
    Roush TVS SC
    VMP Twin 67mm TB
    ID1000 Injectors
    82mm SC Pulley
    GM IAT in manifold
    Blowfish Shifter Mount
    and all the suspension and driveline stiffening!

Quote Originally Posted by stanton8980 View Post
    How do I do a full write on the TC-1791 PCM?
    The PCM originally had a factory strategy on it. But it was updated at a Ford Dealership and all the new updates are from a 2016 model Mustang.
    The Ford IDS software will not allow original As-built data to go back to the old calibration because even the As-built data was updated on Fords Networks to reflect the new 2016 mustang updated calibration.
    For personal reasons, I need to go back to the old calibration.
    I have the old calibration saved in HPT format, as well as the new calibration also.
    However, when I reflash the old calibration back on the car, the dash pids read blank and the fuel pump clicks on and off repeatedly.
    So, I know the HPT software is not writing a full PCM, just a calibration and it is not compatible with the new operating system.
    How do I get the HPT softare to do a full write on the PCM so I can write back the calibration and the operating system so I can go back to the original data?
    Download the newest beta tomorrow and give it a try. It should have write entire enabled.

When the car originally read the calibration off the car, did it read the entire operating system with the calibration also? I'm trying to make sure the HPT file I have has all the data necessary in it to complete this without missing data.
    Last edited by stanton8980; 09-01-2015 at 06:57 PM.
    Xaptured Innovations

2015 Ford Mustang
    Roush TVS SC
    VMP Twin 67mm TB
    ID1000 Injectors
    82mm SC Pulley
    GM IAT in manifold
    Blowfish Shifter Mount

It read entire.

Thank you. What time should I download it......I will be at work....So, I need to know when it will be available. This is my personal car and an update fried my PCM and Body Control Module, so it has been down for a week and I'm anxious to get it all going again.
    Xaptured Innovations

2015 Ford Mustang
    Roush TVS SC
    VMP Twin 67mm TB
    ID1000 Injectors
    82mm SC Pulley
    GM IAT in manifold
    Blowfish Shifter Mount

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by stanton8980 View Post
    Thank you. What time should I download it......I will be at work....So, I need to know when it will be available. This is my personal car and an update fried my PCM and Body Control Module, so it has been down for a week and I'm anxious to get it all going again.
    Can you be more specific on what update fried your PCM and BCM? Did Ford do so when they updated your OS to the newer 2016 OS?
    Last edited by CarsonTech; 09-01-2015 at 07:40 PM.

When you have a 2015 Mustang and your steering wheel buttons all stop working at the same time, there is a Ford Special Service Message for updating the Steering Column Control Module to the latest calibration......I work at a Ford Dealer....I'm a technician. I updated my own car and this happened. When you reprogram the SCCM, it is supposed to help the SCCM communicate better on the network to keep the buttons working forever. However, it seems like on a very special few vehicles, it knocks out the PATS portion of the Body Control Module.....so any parameter resets will not work. The request to do a parameter reset on all modules will fail due to no response from BCM module. And warranty ends up paying for a new Body Control Module for you. The PATS portion of the PCM also fried, so the PCM would take a program, but it wouldn't do a "vehicle relearn" or "module configuration". There are several Ford Hotline requests for this problem already. So, Ford is going to have to modify that update to stop from frying modules in the car. It doesn't happen to every car. But it does happen to some selected few and I found this out on my own car. Also, if you take your Mustang in to the dealer for any issues that require a calibration update, the stock calibration will never be the same as you had before. All as-built date saved to fords network, even on the 2015 car, has been changed to a 2016 Mustang file. So, any mustang from 2015 will get a 2016 file if module programming is necessary to fix any problems. I have read this file off my car with the HPT, and they already have the definition to calibrate the file. But SCT does not have it yet. So, if you use an SCT programmer on your car, as of right now, you wouldn't be able to put your tune back on after you got your car back, because the Operating System changed with the update, not just the calibration.
    Last edited by stanton8980; 09-01-2015 at 08:32 PM.
    Xaptured Innovations

2015 Ford Mustang
    Roush TVS SC
    VMP Twin 67mm TB
    ID1000 Injectors
    82mm SC Pulley
    GM IAT in manifold
    Blowfish Shifter Mount

Tuner
    Thanks stanton8980!

Do you have any advice on how I can convince my service department to just go ahead and update my OS to the newest one out? Seeing how you are in the business, I'm hoping you may be able to point me in the right direction.

Issues:
    - Weird idle routine on cold/cool starts - http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...015-Mustang-GT
    - Weird hesitation until the car is at full operating temperature

The other cars on the lot don't do this, but the service department is telling me everything is within spec, and that it will be until Ford says it isn't.

I think this may be OS related, so I'm hoping they can update mine for me. They didn't want to when I took it in, as they stated everything was within spec.

What model of mustang do you have? I can log into the Ford PTS and give you a good reason to get it done, but I need the model first, so I'm looking up the right stuff.
    Xaptured Innovations

2015 Ford Mustang
    Roush TVS SC
    VMP Twin 67mm TB
    ID1000 Injectors
    82mm SC Pulley
    GM IAT in manifold
    Blowfish Shifter Mount

Take your car to the dealer and tell them the car looses RPM when coming to a stop and the RPM dips with clutch pedal application. Tell them you spoke with another Ford Technician that says there is a TSB out for it. Write this down and give them TSB 15-0128 and they will use this TSB to reprogram your PCM to the latest calibration under warranty. This should fix it. Don't worry about idle moving around so much when cold. That has more to do with the oil and the variable cams. That bothered me the most on my car when I bought it......it seems like the car is not functioning smoothly, but it is. These cars go through a VCT test on start up to make sure the Variable Cam Timing actuators and mechanical parts are moving correctly, so they do a lot of weird stuff sometimes. But most of it is normal. That new calibration should help it out a lot. Ford is learning a lot and making rapid improvements to make things better. However, they are also making things tougher to modify at the same time. Thanks to people like HPT for staying on top of their game!
    Xaptured Innovations

2015 Ford Mustang
    Roush TVS SC
    VMP Twin 67mm TB
    ID1000 Injectors
    82mm SC Pulley
    GM IAT in manifold
    Blowfish Shifter Mount

Tuner
    Thanks dude! I'll set up an appointment tomorrow with this info!