Thread: I'm having some issues with a 2011 Mustang GT

Potential Tuner

I'm having some issues with a 2011 Mustang GT

I had the clutch go out in my car so I replaced the clutch etc. I'll post the mod list down below with all of the new parts. I'm having trouble 2000+ miles after installing with the car losing power, jerking, bucking etc at all different RPMS. The car was perfect the first 1400 miles of driving it. A car pulled out infront of me around 45-50mph I locked the brakes up, Got on the clutch went from 5th to 3rd as I was clear of the other car I came off the clutch and went WOT to make a little noise of irritation out. The car fell on it's face and now I have a problem with P0300-8 codes the misfire BS. I've replaced all 8 ignition coils, All 8 plugs out to bosch iridium with OE gap etc. I can't figure out this stumbling/bucking issue I've ran into.

Mods:
    Mcleod street extreme clutch
    Mcleod Lightened flywheel for the clutch
    Mcleod pressure plate
    Mcleod stock style throw out bearing / Master
    Mcleod HP stainless clutch line
    Ford Performace High HP pilot bearing
    New Ford Performance flywheel bolts
    Bosch Iridium plugs (8)
    F.A.S.T XR series ignition coils (8)
    C&L 90mm Throttle body
    MMR billet Pulse ring
    Motorcraft new Crankshaft Position Sensor with O-Ring
    Factory MAF still
    Fresh Oil change apon doing the clutch work

I'm sure I'm missing something but that's the majority.

I have found with my MPVI2 that there is a Permanent P0315 code for crankshaft position variance not learned. I went into stock map that I'm on and turned that code to No error reported. I've tried the relearn process several times and everytime says it's successful but I feel like it's not because of the permanent code stored. I've tried the relearn with my x4 aswell and same thing, It says successful but the car is still misfiring with codes P0300 - P0305 currently. I orignially had OEM coils, plugs, BBK 90mm, etc on the car but have been chasing this misfire issue down so I've been putting all new parts trying to narrow it down. I've pulled the transmission twice now because we thought possibly the pulse ring could've been damaged so I pulled it back apart to find the OE pulse ring had no damage or metal composite build up. I still replaced it with the Billet MMR one for the factory PCM version. I have made several datalogs. I'm seeing upwards of +5 knock so It's pulling timing. I can't figure out the reason why. I do not have access to a nice scanner other than my HP and x4. We have tried the cranksaft relearn on a Modus and Solus scanner. I've even tried on a Matco version where I first discovered I had the P0315 code with a KOER test. The x4 presented no CELs, So I finally purchased HP and it shows it. If anyone could look over a datalog or two or give any kind of input I'd be highly appreciative. This has me totally stumped. I don't cut corners, I have built several honda engines. This is my first newer v8 car. I'm still new and learning all of the ins and outs. 700+Hp with a b18c1 engine kind of knowledge. So when it comes to being mechanically inclined I'm pretty much there. I don't know the tuning and software side of things just yet. I have numerous PIDS listed on my HP tuners as I like to see all data coming in.

The only thing I'm noticing is the KR reading positive numbers, The 02s LTFT ANDF STFT look a little odd to me for some reason and spark adv is all over the place.

On the x4 device there is spark adv and spark adv1, while looking at live data with the engine running I can blip the throttle and watch spark adv 1 show a 16,000 degree number BTDC. That and google is what made me want to do the crankshaft relearn process as that's everyones go to answer with the CELS I've been having.

Potential Tuner
    2011 problem datalog.hpl False knock.hpl

I labled one problem datalog which was a long one. 16 minutes of driving.
    The other one is called False Knock which is in question not saying that's what it is which is 4 minutes of driving from the gas station back home. You can see positive knock in both. Wild looking timing advance etc. Thanks you guys!

False knock / knock starts at 2:31 I was datalogging and the cable lost connection and reconnected real quick that's why I'm already at 35mph etc.
    Last edited by Dadabayse901; 10-29-2021 at 02:19 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I have never had a problem with po315 coming on with mpvi2. I would guess that the pulse ring is loose or causing a problem in some way

Potential Tuner
    The pulse ring is tight, It sits down in one dowel hole that holds it in it's spot on the crank. I got another datalog and at 5500rpm at WOT the timing advance drops to 8-9 degrees.Short pull no spark advance.hpl/Latest spark cutout.hpl Short pull I believe is the short pull 1st - 3rd or 4th stuttering and misfiring right on along at 9 degrees timing. Something isn't right and it's pulling major timing.