Thread: Tuning 2011 Jeep Wrangler 3.8

Tuner in Training

Red face Tuning 2011 Jeep Wrangler 3.8

Gents I am wanting to tune my 2011 jeep , This is my first attempt at tuning dodge vehicles I have tuned a fair amount of mustangs but never a dodge
    I am trying to figure out the tables and what to change up
    The jeep is mainly stock I just want to improve the throttle response and pick up a few horsepower mainly in the cruise area
    It takes so much pedal to maintain a steady cruise up any kind of hill and it downshifts and stays in the lower gear for quite awhile
    Gents any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated
    Basically I know how to adjust with ford but the dodge uses totally different values , The throttle position I understand its just volts but the nv ratio I need a little explanation as well on the FA ratio during fuel enrichment
    Anyone have a tune file they would like to share I really want to learn this dogdge system

Advanced Tuner
    I'm playing myself with this platform as well, i'm fairly comfortable tuning GM LSx/LQx stuff, and more recently the Coyote platform from Ford, but i'm a newb with Chrysler stuff.
    I have a 13 JKU with the 3.6, and I haven't looked into the 3.8's to see what's different, so hopefully most of the logic remains the same.
    Here are most of my attempts, I don't have any engine mods, so I've only changed a couple of stuff here and there, trying to improve gas mileage and power overall, it feels better than stock for sure, I haven't messed with the throttle yet as I don't know how to do that yet, hope it helps to get you started.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ning-questions

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...E-using-LTFT-s

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-s-shoud-i-use

Tuner in Training

Here is what I came up with after alot of reading

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
    I'm playing myself with this platform as well, i'm fairly comfortable tuning GM LSx/LQx stuff, and more recently the Coyote platform from Ford, but i'm a newb with Chrysler stuff.
    I have a 13 JKU with the 3.6, and I haven't looked into the 3.8's to see what's different, so hopefully most of the logic remains the same.
    Here are most of my attempts, I don't have any engine mods, so I've only changed a couple of stuff here and there, trying to improve gas mileage and power overall, it feels better than stock for sure, I haven't messed with the throttle yet as I don't know how to do that yet, hope it helps to get you started.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ning-questions

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...E-using-LTFT-s

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-s-shoud-i-use
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by buzzard32; 09-09-2015 at 10:08 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I did a lot of reading this is what I came up with will do some logging after loading in jeep tomorrow

Senior Tuner
    Can you post your stock file?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Can you post your stock file?

Tuner in Training

2 logs i did today

2 logs I did also the graps I setup

Tuner in Training

Something real wierd please have a look someone with more knowledge than I

Quote Originally Posted by buzzard32 View Post
    2 logs I did also the graps I setup
    Something strange or just me not looking at this properly
    In my latest log I have the aircharge reading in milligrams as it never gets up to a gram
    So now when I look at my power enrichment I never see over 600mg of aircharge so I never get to full enrichment , I made a new tune and changed the enrichment Tune #5
    Will load and log this tune tomorrow
    Next question comes to spark tables if I never see over 600 mg aircharge I'm not using much of the spark table
    Am I missing something or is the scanner not scaling right or this jeep just doesn't have an aircharge any where near whats in the timing tables is it just using the top few rows

Advanced Tuner
    I haven't looked at any of the log files or tune files, but is it possible that you are logging mg/stroke/cylinder, whereas your timing and power enrichment tables are scaled in an overall flow of grams/minute or grams/hour?

Senior Tuner
    Can you share your display config?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Can you share your display config?
    Been away for a couple weeks

there's alot to be had from your tune, but I can't save the file until I license it. If you want PM me and we'll remote it.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzard32 View Post
    Been away for a couple weeks
    I have an HP Tuner but have no idea where to start, I've been searching the internet but there doesn't seem to be many resources for learning HP Tuners for Dodge. I have a co-worker with a 2009 3.8L JKU with a CAI on 87 Octane, he would like to get what he can out of tuning. Would you mind sharing what you came up with for a final tune?

Thank you