Thread: Injectors: How big can I go?

Tuner in Training

Injectors: How big can I go?

I am looking to go with 750cc injectors on the HPTuning software, I spoke with Shifted and he's currently unsure as to whether I can do this, but he did the calculation for me for the injector constant setting (.06792)...

So... my question is... can I use 750cc injectors? Any idea what the max size we can use is?

Thanks,

-Chris-

unknown at this stage but i can tell you that the value is in valid range. Injectors so large generally need some work on the offset table and also the min injector pulse width. Also, the PCM only runs high impedance injectors so make sure they are of the right type.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Chris-

96-98 have low impedance injectors, 99 started high impedance.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner in Training
    Woah woah High impedence???

My car runs low impedence??? I have a 1999 ecu running low impedance injectors... 1997-half of 1999 ran low impedance bosch style injectors...

With that said, what you're saying is theoretically it should work then...

-Chris-

sorry my bad on the high/low impedance thing, make sure you use the same type as the stock ones.

In theory yes, it should work.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...