Thread: Authorization Failed ... What do I do?

Authorization Failed ... What do I do?

(9/9/2015) - There may be two different reasons currently why you may get an "Authorization Failed" error after reading a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/RAM vehicle ...

You've read a 2015+ Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/RAM Vehicle
    To solve this:
    Download the latest 3.2 update from your customer page. 2015+ Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/RAM vehicles used to be restricted to need authorization in order to read/view their operating systems. Authorization now only needs to be given in order to license/flash a file. This is because all 2015+ Dodge PCMs need to be modified via the PCM Modification Service first before tuning. You will be able to read/view any 2015+ Dodge file, but you must have a PCM modified before being authorized to license/flash a file. For more information on the PCM Modification Service, please see this thread: 2015+ Dodge Tuning (Important Information)

You've read an unsupported Dodge TCM
    To solve this:
    Re-read the ECM ONLY. During the development/testing process of these TCMs, we have restricted access to their operating systems to prevent accidental licensing/flashing while still allowing for testing.

You've read an unsupported Dodge ECM
    To solve this:
    Please wait until we announce tuning support for the ECM in question. Once support is announced, we will inform you and you will be able to tune.
    Last edited by Mark@HPTuners; 06-20-2016 at 11:16 AM. Reason: EGS52/EGS53 Supported, removed from unsupported TCM reason

Senior Tuner
    Should sticky this...

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Should sticky this...
    Someone suggested we make a General "How To" thread with links to tips and common questions with regards to Dodge Tuning, so this is linked to that thread... which is a sticky. I suppose I could do both.
    (READ ME!!! General Dodge Tuning information and How To's)