Thread: 2016 Chevy 1500, 5.3

Potential Tuner

2016 Chevy 1500, 5.3

Hello All,

I'm looking to potentially get a ghost cam tune along with a Flowmaster catback kit for my 2016 1500. Will this be possible, or do I need to go a different route? I'm looking for a nice, aggressive sound and cam sound. Always loved it, would love to hear it from my truck.

Any advice on tuners, and if it's possible will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

no ghost cam tune for an OHV engine. if you want a ghost cam tune get an F150 with the 5.0

you need to be able to adjust overlap and to adjust overlap you need to be able to move the intake and exhaust valves independently of each other and to do that you need DOHC.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    no ghost cam tune for an OHV engine. if you want a ghost cam tune get an F150 with the 5.0

you need to be able to adjust overlap and to adjust overlap you need to be able to move the intake and exhaust valves independently of each other and to do that you need DOHC.
    Ah, didn't realize that prior to purchase or posting. Well, looks like I'll only be able to get the exhaust. Any great benefit in adding a $600 programmer to someone who was drawn to them for a cam/lope?

Quote Originally Posted by hamirick View Post
    Ah, didn't realize that prior to purchase or posting. Well, looks like I'll only be able to get the exhaust. Any great benefit in adding a $600 programmer to someone who was drawn to them for a cam/lope?
    if you are talking about HPTuners, there is a lot more you can do than just induce fake lope at idle.