Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Pulling Timing under Boost

Quote Originally Posted by nkautz View Post
    Vengeance made 1000whp on stock bottom, ported heads, cam, meth, nitrous , non-z c7 . Don't know what fuel though. If you're at 12psi redline you're probably running the 3.7" pulley? The 3.4" pulley should be good for 16psi and 950+whp , depending on CR.

There were 2 main things that stuck with me after tuning the last C7 , failing the MAF limited TPS to 60% , couldn't figure it out. Turned MAF back on , back to 84%. And advancing the intake cam WOT base angle table gained a ton of power and reduced boost.
    I am running a 12:1 416ci motor with a VVT-1 cam, advanced (0 value) until around 3500 or so and then retards towards 2 degrees (2 value) by redline (so very little VVT activity)....

I believe I have a 3.7 inch pulley on it, but don't really expect more than 10 psi by redline with this motor, which made about 550 rwhp NA.

Running E85 but no meth. Have not had an issue keeping the throttle open, even while tuning SD with a failed MAF.

I am open to suggestions regarding the TSP VVT-1 cam and retardation curves.

Tuner
    What power did this car end up making?
    2001 Z06 : 856/830 : Built LQ9 403ci : D1SC 17psi : Self-built , self-tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by nkautz View Post
    What power did this car end up making?
    don't know yet. still installing secondary lift pump..... will know something within a week....

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    don't know yet. still installing secondary lift pump..... will know something within a week....
    Hi i bro i tried to pm u i have exact same issue my lpfp drops to 35psi and starts pulling timing did u get this fixed with the 2nd fuel pump

yes the additional fuel pump will help keep low side at 70 psi

did u get rid of the retard issue with the lpfp upgrade.....if so wat exactly u did to fix it I am facing something similar

Make sure maf and ve both are dialed in

Higgs,

Wat did u end up changing in the tune with the lt4 injectors and oump

all injector data
    all hpfp data except for Peak Pulse table on a 2014 (15-16 should be the same as Z06 already)

Higgs,

I have truck that made 750whp running our intank fuel pumps along side with dual meth nozzles from snow performance it runs pretty clean on dyno no issues took it to street it wld hesitate when meth comes on so i decided to go back to dyno and changed meth settings to bring it slower and re gapped the plugs to 0.023 this got the issue fixed. ..couple of days later customer came back with exact same issue so i took it for a drive if blip throttle open it wld surge hesitate then pulls clean...if i go gradual on the throttle it wldnt do it....so i thought it would be meth again i went back to dyno switched meth off ran low boost setting 7 psi it wld still do it any ideas what it could be

Ve table too lean and when you roll in gradually it passes the criteria to go maf only?

Otherwise you'd have to post the tune...

Havent tuned it in ve its maf only tune ....never had to tune ve up to 700whp....do u think even if i am not using ve i still need to tune it under boost maf is set to 100 99 rpm so it shouldnt refer to ve

Quote Originally Posted by jarrah View Post
    Havent tuned it in ve i
    VE is used for transients regardless, or at least that's how it works on gen 4's. I would get VVE at least in the ballpark and see if that helps.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jarrah View Post
    Havent tuned it in ve its maf only tune ....never had to tune ve up to 700whp....do u think even if i am not using ve i still need to tune it under boost maf is set to 100 99 rpm so it shouldnt refer to ve
    without seeing the tune it's going to be tough to pinpoint anything. I am just guessing but I have seen it before, VE will toy with your emotions.

Higgs,

Cld u send me ur email address i can send u the tune and couple of logs