Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pulling Timing under Boost

I am just going to replace the pump.

U still havent replaced the pump yet......i thought u did and still have this issue

not yet.....monday/tuesday.

anyone think the lash cap could be the problem, either by screwing up the travel or ruining my cam lobe, or otherwise?

I dnt think it wld be coming from lash cap .....just leave it alone until u get the pumps in and go from there....i am pretty sure u will be pushing 850whp+

Quote Originally Posted by jarrah View Post
    I dnt think it wld be coming from lash cap .....just leave it alone until u get the pumps in and go from there....i am pretty sure u will be pushing 850whp+
    it already has the Z06 pump with lash cap, I am replacing the Z06 pump with another Z06 pump. I wasn't sure if you were talking about that or not.

Have you tried running it with the maf sensor unplugged just to see if it will maintain fuel pressure? I am seeing more and more gen 5 with failed maf sensors causing no starts and will shut the fuel off making me think its fuel system problem. When that happens I can disconnect the maf and get them to run. I not for sure but try running it with the maf disconnected just might help you to determine if your fuel system is up to the task. I am going to do some test with one of the bad maf sensors I have to try and determine exactly what the ecm is commanding but not had the time but the maf input has a direct control of the fuel pressure (I have seen that). I personally think you ecm is commanding low fuel pressure to compensate for the maf to map pressure offset. You also mentioned in another post about flashing a lt 4 cal into your ecm then I think you going to see error from no SIAP input I don't know?

Good luck
    Mike

I could change the LT4 cal to NA under Airflow thought right?

True fully I don't know and from what I see being posted it doesn't appear to me anyone has the answer. Looks to me that all the top tuners/suppliers are having their issues with that type of charger and the E92 ecm. By unplugging the maf I was hoping maybe the ecm would command max fuel pressure and that would help diagnosis the fuel system.

everything is worth a try at this point, i suppose

Sorry...I'm a little late to the party, been on vacation!!!

at 355 SOI it revs through 3000-5000 and holds 25MPs easily but the tank pump drops from 70 to 45-50 and MPa drops from 25 to 6 and duty cycle goes from 4 to 11.

I don't think there is anything left to do but wait on supplemental pump kit to come in.

The issue with so much SOI timing is that it is a good band aid for lack of fueling, but I have plenty of high pressure fueling (not enough low pressure tank fueling). Therefore, I don't need to pull SOI ahead so much, in fact, I could probably shorten the injection window from 355 even. When I have good fuel pressure to 7000, I will fine tune SOI using DStecks excel file.

I feel like 355 is the most I wanted to advance injection because that is 5 degrees after the intake stroke starts and my exhaust valve closes right before that. At 460 SOI I am just pushing fuel out the exhaust for 95 or so degrees of exhaust stroke, that is over half the exhaust stroke!
    I've seen SOI as high as 430 on cam stuff, but nothing that high on a stock 200/207 LT1 Cam. You're right injecting that early is a band aid for decreased fueling. I think you are just running out of pump in the tank, this rig should do over 800rwhp and with Ethanol you're just out of fuel.
    You could install the restrictor plate and just run 93 or very low mix of Ethanol and see if you run out of Fuel pressure then. Hell you could pull the blower belt and still command 20MPA and see if ya get it.

Did you ever change the MAX fuel pressure tab in the tune from 21.5MPA??

Wouldn't hurt to try the stock MAP again or run it in SD, but I don't think that's the issue.....

Higgs you mentioned later in the thread your not getting and fuel pressure now, did anything change in the tune??

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

I went from dropping tank pressure to holding it (50-70 psi) but inversely, went from holding 15-20 MPa to losing it to the tune of 3-5 MPa at WOT in boost.

Something killed my HPFP....

Something killed my HPFP....
    That's what I sounds like....Question is, was it a faulty Z06 pump or did something else cause the issue??

Between getting the Z06 pump working correctly and the new in-tank fuel setup you SHOULD be golden.

14 Gen 5 Viper

Here is the latest log from this morning:
    broken HPFP its a question.hpl

This is running stock MAP, stock IAT and MAF (no breakout harness or LS9 MAP) and running MAF only mode

Basically no change in HPFP performance regardless of what sensor setup I use.

Going to park it until the new pump arrives.

I think I found my issue......Does anyone know of any 2014 Vettes running the 2015 Z06 pump, btw?

I had mentioned how the 2015 Z06 Peak Pulse table is what caused the Z06 pump not to operate in my 2014 C7. Well, I downloaded a bunch of stock files and all of the 2015 base and Z vettes are the same Peak Pulse and all the 2014 Vettes have the same (mine) Peak Pulse table.....

So something else changed from 2014 to 2015 to necessitate the altered Peak Pulse table and, if the new pump doesn't work, I am not so sure one can run a Z06 HPFP in a 2014 without changing something else, what I don't know.....

I hope someone here has successfully run a Z06 pump in a 2014....Anyone?

I think I found my issue......Does anyone know of any 2014 Vettes running the 2015 Z06 pump, btw?

I had mentioned how the 2015 Z06 Peak Pulse table is what caused the Z06 pump not to operate in my 2014 C7. Well, I downloaded a bunch of stock files and all of the 2015 base and Z vettes are the same Peak Pulse and all the 2014 Vettes have the same (mine) Peak Pulse table.....

So something else changed from 2014 to 2015 to necessitate the altered Peak Pulse table and, if the new pump doesn't work, I am not so sure one can run a Z06 HPFP in a 2014 without changing something else, what I don't know.....

Hmmmm that's interesting??? Im sure there are many changes In OS we don't know about!!!

Doesn't Theta and One3wego have LT4 pumps with Lashcaps and there 14's on the corvetteforum??
    Make a post on tech and ask...

14 Gen 5 Viper

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post

Yes, we've done at least 3 that I can remember and we've not had any problems. Do not change the peak pulse table, my only guess is that there are other tables that interface with it for the different years and it's not necessary. I don't normally post on many boards anymore and tend to hold information close to my chest now a days but you should not have any issues with the Z06 pump on a 2014. I do tend to increase the Integral min/max under the fuel pressure section however.

2016 C7 Z06 | 2017 ZL1 | 2009 C6 Z06 | 1994 GT - The LS-stang | 2010 Tahoe SSV

Thanks, NicD....do you think it's possible the issues I am having now with the pump are because I killed it with the Peak Pulse table?

Thanks, NicD....do you think it's possible the issues I am having now with the pump are because I killed it with the Peak Pulse table?
    I suppose anything is possible but when we first tested this out I tried that as well and there were no issues afterwards.

Any other reason that comes to mind why my rail pressure tanks as soon as I got WOT? Thanks for the help!

Any other reason that comes to mind why my rail pressure tanks as soon as I got WOT? Thanks for the help!
    Not really but without seeing the tune I would just be guessing. It really does just sound like the pump took a shit for some reason though if it's just dropping off as soon as you got WOT at lower RPMs where fuel consumption just isn't that high.