Thread: How to Tansfer video Files to PC

Tuner

How to Tansfer video Files to PC

Hello,
    I tried to use copy & paste for the entire trackaddict folder from my android tablet to the PC desktop, but the only thing that will copy over is a single segment.txt file. None of the videos will copy. Other files will copy (that I tried.)

It's a new HP desktop computer with Windows 7. the tablet is Android 5.1.1

Are there any trick to it? I just wanted to make a movie with one lap from an autocross course.

There's no trick that I'm aware of... If you can see the files when the device is plugged into your computer, then it should let you copy them to the computer. Ultimately, that piece of the puzzle is between your Android device and your computer, so there may be other factors impacting it. If your Android tablet has a compatible SD Card, then you can use TrackAddict to move the session data and video to it by using the "Storage" button (if it's not already stored there), and then you could eject it from the tablet and put it into a card reader on your computer.

The other thing you can do is to open the session in TrackAddict and tap the "Share" button, select WiFi Transfer, and then initiate a transfer to the RaceRender software running on your computer (first go to File -> Receive Files Over Network / WiFi). It will place the files in your Documents -> "RaceRender 3" folder. That's not as fast or reliable as a simple USB connection, but it usually works well, given good network conditions... I personally use it all the time rather than messing with cables.

Tuner
    I found out that the office computer isn't allowed to copy video/binary files from tablets or phones (viruses) but I can view the filenames and delete things. I managed to transfer a single file at home in a few ways; USB cable, an OTG adapter to a flashdrive, and a WiFi file transfer application. But the bigger problem I had was that the video is corrupted in colors when played with VLC, and starts over after a few seconds. I can play the videos directly on the tablet, the colors look fine and it doesn't skip/repeat. That means there are errors during the transfer.

Sorry, there's no removeable memory card.

I don't have RaceRender, so I use the USB cable, which I prefer. If only the files weren't 2GB. It takes 10 min to transfer via cable.

TW- Google Nexus 7 2013 and Win XP
    Last edited by guitarZ; 03-28-2016 at 05:42 PM.