Thread: Command throttle to match throttle position

Tuner in Training

Command throttle to match throttle position

I miss the feel and control of a throttle cable, I would like to tune my '14 Mustang 3.7lr to put the throttle 1:1 to the peddle, meaning if I demand 100% throttle I dont want the car to sit at 77% throttle position like it dose.. Is there pro' s an con's to what im asking?

Tuner in Training
    I believe It is 77 degrees at the throttle blade and not 77%.

Advanced Tuner
    Why do you use throttle percent? Is there some where in your tune you change the throttle angle by the logged percent? Or in your tune do you change the throttle angle by degree? If you have a max of 82* and you're at 82*, that's 100% throttle. Are you commanding 100% throttle or are you commanding a throttle angle of 82*? If you have your max throttle angle set any different than what you're calling that will throw it off. You should post a tune and a datalog because there can be more than just one reason why your datalogs are not showing 100% throttle, even though you probably are at WOT angle.

If you want the feel of throttle cable, Enable the Pedal Follower and tune that.

throttleangle.JPG

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    Why do you use throttle percent? Is there some where in your tune you change the throttle angle by the logged percent? Or in your tune do you change the throttle angle by degree? If you have a max of 82* and you're at 82*, that's 100% throttle. Are you commanding 100% throttle or are you commanding a throttle angle of 82*? If you have your max throttle angle set any different than what you're calling that will throw it off. You should post a tune and a datalog because there can be more than just one reason why your datalogs are not showing 100% throttle, even though you probably are at WOT angle.

If you want the feel of throttle cable, Enable the Pedal Follower and tune that.

throttleangle.JPG
    My 14 GT500 comes with pedal follower enabled, still uses DD table, as well as wot fueling. Not sure about anything else.

Tuner in Training
    Yes I ment degrees, not %sorry. So is 82deg max, as I just tuned and changed to 88deg thought 90deg would be max. When I recorded a scan I noticed comand throttle at 100% yet throttle angle only at 77deg. After tuning I have yet to go for a run and record, well my scanning save failed for some reason and need to do another run