Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Cut Torque Ratio

Advanced Tuner

Fuel Cut Torque Ratio

Fuel Cut Torque Ratio is set to 1 to eliminate it according to Coyote Cookbook. The description says 0 will eliminate it. Which is correct????

Advanced Tuner
    Got an answer from Eric. 1 eliminates Fuel Cut Torque Ratio.

What is the purpose for eliminating this?

Advanced Tuner
    It's form of Torque Reduction.

Maybe don lasotta will chime in on this? Cookbook does in fact state that 0 = no torque reduction.
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

The values are torque ratio. So a value of .5 would allow the PCM to cut the maximum current torque the engine can make in half for that torque source. Setting it to .25 gives the PCM the ability to cut 75% of the current possible torque value. Setting to 1 eliminates torque authority.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tramotorsports View Post
    Maybe don lasotta will chime in on this? Cookbook does in fact state that 0 = no torque reduction.
    The book actually contradicts itself. Page 28-29 says to set to 1 to eliminate TR. On page 72 it says 0=no TR, but the table pictured does not appear to be Fuel Cut Torque Ratio. It looks like it is Spark Only Torque Ratio, considering it has mostly 0s in the cells. Looks like a mistake on table labels.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    The book actually contradicts itself. Page 28-29 says to set to 1 to eliminate TR. On page 72 it says 0=no TR, but the table pictured does not appear to be Fuel Cut Torque Ratio. It looks like it is Spark Only Torque Ratio, considering it has mostly 0s in the cells. Looks like a mistake on table labels.
    I was wondering about this same thing. Glad you found what looks be the correct table referenced on page 72. Just to be clear then, on page 72 where it says to zero out the Fuel Cut Torque Ratio table, it actually means to zero out the Spark Only Torque Ratio table?

Thanks.

So will both Spark Only Torque Ratio and Fuel Cut Torque Ratio eliminate with a value of 1? What if the values were 0.0? Would that do something else? I swear that when I had Fuel Cut set at 1 I was still getting RPM limit reduction for instance. Setting Fuel Cut Torque Ratio and Spark Only Torque Ratio both to 0 seemed to eliminate torque reduction for me.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mejohn50 View Post
    I was wondering about this same thing. Glad you found what looks be the correct table referenced on page 72. Just to be clear then, on page 72 where it says to zero out the Fuel Cut Torque Ratio table, it actually means to zero out the Spark Only Torque Ratio table?

Thanks.
    To be honest I don't know if the table pic was wrong or table reference. I've emailed Don and asked him to post here with clarification. Hey said he would but it would be after Sept 25th. I tried applying all the torque reduction listed in the guide, to my current tune and I was getting crazy knock (-6*), so I will not be making any more changes relating to this until it is sorted.

For my 15, the fuel torque had about 15 different sources and we're all at 1, I made them all 0 and it's much better. My phantom spark drop is now gone.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 02GTP View Post
    For my 15, the fuel torque had about 15 different sources and we're all at 1, I made them all 0 and it's much better. My phantom spark drop is now gone.
    Interesting, curious to understand this more. Tuning this PCM really is filled with many unknowns.

Quote Originally Posted by 02GTP View Post
    Same thing with my 11. Setting it to 1 caused strange fuel cuts. Setting them all to 0 eliminated it completely.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    ^that cant be right, you must have other torque controls changed
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    What does changing driver demand to 1.0 from 0.95 on the Fuel Cut Torque Ratio table do? I have some speculation, just want to know if I am on the right track.

Tuner in Training
    After doing some more looking into this, I found what I believe is a cobra jet drag car tune that is floating around (I think it's in the repo, but I have posted it here for clarity) and have been looking at the torque management tables. On the Fuel Cut Torque Ratio table the driver demand cell stays at 0.95. The Spark Torque Ratio Limit table is all 1.00 and the Spark Only Torque Ratio table is all 0.00 except for the TipOut Limit cell, which is 1.00. I would assume the cobra jet drag cars have basically zero torque management, and I would assume how this tune is set up would be zero torque management.

Or else I am completely wrong, which isn't entirely uncommon.

What do you all think?

Tune - 1405369809.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    What does changing driver demand to 1.0 from 0.95 on the Fuel Cut Torque Ratio table do? I have some speculation, just want to know if I am on the right track.
    It is a form of Torque reduction that cuts fuel to reduce power. It appears that the LaSota guide has some misinformation about how to disable which table.

Advanced Tuner
    After doing some more looking into this, I found what I believe is a cobra jet drag car tune that is floating around (I think it's in the repo, but I have posted it here for clarity) and have been looking at the torque management tables. On the Fuel Cut Torque Ratio table the driver demand cell stays at 0.95. The Spark Torque Ratio Limit table is all 1.00 and the Spark Only Torque Ratio table is all 0.00 except for the TipOut Limit cell, which is 1.00. I would assume the cobra jet drag cars have basically zero torque management, and I would assume how this tune is set up would be zero torque management.

Or else I am completely wrong, which isn't entirely uncommon.

What do you all think?

Tune - 1405369809.hpt
    I agree with your theory, that the CJ should have all torque reduction disabled. I plan to wait for LaSota to chime in and clear this up.

Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    I agree with your theory, that the CJ should have all torque reduction disabled. I plan to wait for LaSota to chime in and clear this up.
    +1, thanks for trying this out guys, I probably would have blindly made that change.

Tuner
    What about putting the torque module switch to Disabled? Anyone tried that? Be nice to tune to load, spark and fuel and forget all the Torque Management stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images