Thread: 4 cylinder VE tables Help

Advanced Tuner

4 cylinder VE tables Help

Well, since we are all new to tuning the 4 cylinders, I'll get this off to a start.

I'm looking through the VE tables, where I'm assuming I'm going to do most of my tuning. I've noticed that the highest value I can type in these cells is 109. With a turbo car, I think my VE will be significantly higher than this number having a turbo'd application, so how do I get around this?
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner
    Looks like the cable isn't in enough people's hands yet, I can't wait until these discussions take off, and we can do some learning.

There is an extra VE Offset parameter that isn't being displayed in the editor yet.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Awesome, can't wait to get it
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner
    I had a thought, might help some of the guys who can't get 2 bar support, or anyone for that matter. With something like a supercharger, where it is suspected WOT is run off TPS instead of MAP anyways, why can't you just tune for linear boost? If the boost is RPM dependant anyways, this can't be that hard unless I"m missing something.

yep, if it's TPS based in your cal and boost is consistent then you can tune it no probs. If you have a turbo and like to change the boost via external controller then you can always have a few files ready to flash in depending how much boost you are dialing in.

Turbo's are a little less consistent than s/c's and once they start spooling the linearity with TPS is probably has more variance depending on the RPM/size of turbo etc.
    I count sheep in hex...