Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Torque shaping?

Senior Tuner
    I didn't bother to disable DoD since I've never seen the car go into it anyways...but I guess it won't hurt to flip the switch. PE delay is disabled, and enrichment ramp is at 1.0...it enriches target AFR imediately when I hit the pedal. I just added to the driver demand table to keep the throttle all the way open at full throttle...it won't stay at 100% if I don't have it cranked up that much at 100%.
    Last edited by MikeOD; 10-16-2015 at 03:17 PM.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

There is a relation between peak tq values and DD. I've noticed if peak tq is too low you need higher values in the DD and vice versa

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    There is a relation between peak tq values and DD. I've noticed if peak tq is too low you need higher values in the DD and vice versa
    Oh ok...so once I get it on the dyno and know what the actual TQ numbers are, then I need to correct the peak TQ values and I'll be able to make the DD table be more realistic?

I mean...it's a manual transmission and the throttle response is awesome now...the rev matching feature works perfectly...so I can't see it being super necessary to get it all 100% correct other than to learn more about how it all works and make things more correct...which I do want to do. With an auto I'd think it's more important to be correct to control line pressure and shift time.

Do you guys leave the knock enrichment fuel stuff alone or do you disable that?
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Senior Tuner
    How do you guys calibrate the TQ coefficients? Is there a VVE like program for that or are you using Excel?
    2023 Durango Hellcat

For me it's trial and error on the tq coefficient tables. I've tried only adjusting certain rpms of the table and it has effected the entire rpm curve. For the most part you need to increase the values to make "more tq" or vice versa to lower it.

On the negative values its the opposite however

Senior Tuner
    I'll try to figure out the equation behind it and build a model in excel or something.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    I've been logging with 2.24...I'm used to it, and haven't really had the time to play with setting up the 2.25 scanner the way I want to yet.

When I run pure MAF and smooth the table it throws the AFR off...it wants the table the way it is for the AFR to be within 1-2% of commanded.

I intend to dial in VVE on the dyno very soon, I really can't do it on the street in this car, I'll wind up in jail.

Torque gain tables? Where are those?

Do you mean the spark advance torque gain?
    Yes, I've found anything killing spark usually makes tuning correctly a pain, plus if it's killing or limiting spark, it's usually limiting torque In some fashion as well... I've had them act like slugs in 2nd gear only to realize I forgot to zero these out
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC