Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 CTS-V Sport, no adjustable transmission parameters

I have Sport mode on my SHO that seems to use very different shift mapping. Do you think adaptive is enabled or active in sport mode? I'll try to see if I can shut it off, but I normally take it easy in Drive, and have the higher boost settings for Sport mode.

Potential Tuner
    Looking to buy a V-Sport soon and was curious if HPTuners has added support yet for the Aisin Trans?

No and no idea if they are considering it yet. I sent a tcm to tunercat to have them add support to it so they are currently doing it which maybe once they have it maybe hptuners will then get off their rear and do it. I have my 2016 tuned and pushing it hard 20-24 lbs of boost and yet to hit the transmission torque limit. It just keeps shifting faster and harder and adapting I was surprised. It would be nice to not have it shut the throttle on the shifts or at least not so much but so far it's not been a problem and I log which torque limit the car is using and so far the only time I see trans is on the shift you will see trans s on the log the power dips then jumps right back up sure it slows down the pickup but keeps getting faster and less boost lost on shift. The car is extremely fast this way so far beat or ran with some very fast factory cars including a charger hellcat the 4 door one. That one I hung right with it. Need some down pipes to get over that hump. I don't want to get into too much here but the earlier 2014 vsport had a lower limit in the trans the newer like my 2016 has like 650 torque limit so with out turbos or a better fuel system not going to hit that limit but other adjustments would be nice. So early model when guys stared messing with them I was told 450 whp was it then on the trans limit. My car has to be making more then that I have yet to get to the quarter mile tuned but stock was 13.0 @112 88 mph in the 8th. I haven't re ran the quarter but 96 in the 8th now car makes more power everywhere. 2000 up to shift point they take a tune so well and GM should have offered these at 550 hp stock and really made it fun to drive stock. If was like this stock I wouldn't have ever even tried to tune it even if I could and just enjoyed not worrying about my factory warranty now possibly being void if they decide to dig on it if I have an issue as working on anything on this car is a bitch damn throttle body/tps is inside the intake yes it does actually have one you cannot see. Lol anyway it would be nice if hptuners did the tcm it is just a GM tcm and GM tune/software so nothing special no Toyota computer or software so to do it is no different then any other GM tcm they just have chose to not do it. A money thing I assume even though this car is getting very popular and lots of people wanting full custom tunes and so people still won't touch it afraid of no tcm support. Once I have my tunercat support I will let others know how much it helps or not just one thing do not bother messing with a 900 dollar trifecta tune just to get their trans tune so many complain on it and have issues and get no support from them I guess they did tcm support in house so if those idiots can do it then hptuners can do it just choose not to. Maybe we get enough people together they will do it. Show it is wanted and their is the people waiting to make it worth while. They could even charge 4 credits to get it to make it worth their while. Funny thing is I asked tunercat and they said send me one I will do it period. So I paid 150 bucks for a used one tool a while to find it used and programmed but did and sent it to them he emailed me said was different but not impossible and not sure why efilive or hptuners had not done it yet and he got working on it. I was going to check in on it today send an email see where they are on it. The other thing is tunercat has some other tables on the e92 that hptuners doesn't they had way more access on my 2007 tahoe e38. Just glad I decided to keep it all once I got hptuners. I did it as they were faster to have 2013 ats 2.0t support then tunercat as yes they are slower to get support on stuff but guessing a smaller company but they are loyal to their customers proven by offering to do my vsport tcm if I sent it. But depending on the year you buy don't be afraid it will stop you from making good power with out it unless it's a 2014. Not sure on the 2015 just know trifecta had issues with trans tuning on them and 2016 so maybe they are the same and 2014 on its own.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    I have Sport mode on my SHO that seems to use very different shift mapping. Do you think adaptive is enabled or active in sport mode? I'll try to see if I can shut it off, but I normally take it easy in Drive, and have the higher boost settings for Sport mode.
    I did find out from the tuner school book that it is important to match maps on GM anyway or can revert to the lowest map at random and when tuned they are happier with all the maps matched. That's straight out of the tunerschool direct injection book according to someone that chose to spend the 2000 bucks to buy all these books he just shares info with me on my car since I helped him on his trans stuff

2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Potential Tuner
    With the new update, is the TCM included for the 2014 Vsport.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmourjr View Post
    With the new update, is the TCM included for the 2014 Vsport.
    Still no support....

Potential Tuner

Question

Quote Originally Posted by tune2mbt View Post
    Still no support....
    How 'bout now?

Quote Originally Posted by joebucci View Post
    How 'bout now?
    I've got an AA80E with 20k miles on it sitting up on the shelf because of not having a controller for it. It's a complete bolt-in setup for my car and was installed and ready to go but I was unable to get some programming assistance I needed with a custom megashift controller. So I pulled it and installed a TKO 5 speed. Since then I've watched to see if conditions might improve. I updated the engine controls to the P01 ('0411) controller and am presently trying to get the tuning sorted out on that, it's a Gen3 adaptation to old iron, a Buick 300 V8 so my current thinking is once that's working right I might be able to go to the 2014 ECM with the CTSV sport TCM, does that seem to make any sense to you guys? Or would you suggest something else? I like the 80, it's beefy and has great gear ratios, and as I said it's a ready to use kit except for the controller.

My skillset is primarily the physical installation. I'm really good at that. The programming side of it? Not so much.

Jim

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Blackwood View Post
    I've got an AA80E with 20k miles on it sitting up on the shelf because of not having a controller for it. It's a complete bolt-in setup for my car and was installed and ready to go but I was unable to get some programming assistance I needed with a custom megashift controller. So I pulled it and installed a TKO 5 speed. Since then I've watched to see if conditions might improve. I updated the engine controls to the P01 ('0411) controller and am presently trying to get the tuning sorted out on that, it's a Gen3 adaptation to old iron, a Buick 300 V8 so my current thinking is once that's working right I might be able to go to the 2014 ECM with the CTSV sport TCM, does that seem to make any sense to you guys? Or would you suggest something else? I like the 80, it's beefy and has great gear ratios, and as I said it's a ready to use kit except for the controller.

My skillset is primarily the physical installation. I'm really good at that. The programming side of it? Not so much.

Jim
    The AA80E is NOT the same as the TL80-SN in the vsport though it is related. It's unlikely the vsport TCM would run the AA80E, and its certain the P01 won't talk to the vsport TCM... Hate to burst your bubble.

Well, you may or may not be right about that. Nobody seems to know for sure just what the differences are, but if somebody who is a rebuilder or parts supplier chimed in and said, yeah these are the differences I'd be a lot more likely to buy it. They are both based on the same architecture (with different cases) both presumably use the same number and type of control solenoids and sensors since there is no difference in the number of control elements. And if that much is true the most likely difference would be in the electrical connector. That makes no difference to me.

I have the CTSV-Sport TCM now. I plan to pick up the ECM and with luck the connectors at the same time. Once that is done I can build up a bench test mock-up and play with it. Might as well, since it's just sitting there. Maybe this summer, maybe the next. The only real decision is whether to power the mock-up with a 5hp motor or just use a spare Buick 300 V8. Either way, it just has to spin the converter.

IF it works, I might be OK with using the TCM in unmodified form. Just have to try it and see.

Jim

So just to let others know what I did find out i it?s the same tcm as the gm 4l60e But using Asian platform kinda how when gm uses the Toyota crap in the new small vans. We use mdi2 to access it but if access it with generic platform you have to read it under the Toyota side as no gm access. So this is why hptuners hasn?t not given any support it?s a Toyota/Lexus platform but a gm controller. So its a mess and while the Lexus mechanical side is similar it doesn?t have the same valve body or solenoids. I?ve built both platforms and do not see a way to make anything toy/Lexus work and marry to the gm ecm which is an e92.
    The main issue I was wanting around was torque management and I have figured all that out. Yes could be nice to adjust shift points and torque converter lock up but my main reason was to raise the torque limits as in stock form it gets to a point it will not hold boost and or wot but I now can tune around all that. This car on methanol or atsv fueling has nearly the same potential as the atsv for power.

Interesting. Well since I have it and the Toyo wiring info I will look up the CTSV wiring diagram and see how close it is. Might just hook it up anyway to see what happens. Doubtful I can burn out the solenoids so why not try?

Jim

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lt1z350 View Post
    So just to let others know what I did find out i it?s the same tcm as the gm 4l60e But using Asian platform kinda how when gm uses the Toyota crap in the new small vans. We use mdi2 to access it but if access it with generic platform you have to read it under the Toyota side as no gm access. So this is why hptuners hasn?t not given any support it?s a Toyota/Lexus platform but a gm controller. So its a mess and while the Lexus mechanical side is similar it doesn?t have the same valve body or solenoids. I?ve built both platforms and do not see a way to make anything toy/Lexus work and marry to the gm ecm which is an e92.
    The main issue I was wanting around was torque management and I have figured all that out. Yes could be nice to adjust shift points and torque converter lock up but my main reason was to raise the torque limits as in stock form it gets to a point it will not hold boost and or wot but I now can tune around all that. This car on methanol or atsv fueling has nearly the same potential as the atsv for power.
    Hi are you saying you?re able to tune the TCM on the V Sport? I?m looking to have this done without having to deal with trifecta as my car is already tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by SUJITTV View Post
    Hi are you saying you?re able to tune the TCM on the V Sport? I?m looking to have this done without having to deal with trifecta as my car is already tuned.
    NO I tried to get another company to unlock it and they couldnt due to the type of protocol in it. Trifecta cannot tune the tcm in this car either. They have a very baisic setup they applied but it is not tuned it does not raise torque limits in it as that is what was needed most. So dont waste any money on that with them.

Advanced Tuner
    That is incorrect sir. When I had my V Sport with their tune, I sniffed the CAN bus, they are definitely flashing the TCM. I don't know enough about it to know what they're changing, but they are definitely changing something. The shift points were changed as well.

They won't sell you just a TCM tune though, so if SUJITTV already has a tune he likes, it's a moot point anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    That is incorrect sir. When I had my V Sport with their tune, I sniffed the CAN bus, they are definitely flashing the TCM. I don't know enough about it to know what they're changing, but they are definitely changing something. The shift points were changed as well.

They won't sell you just a TCM tune though, so if SUJITTV already has a tune he likes, it's a moot point anyway.
    Like I said it was very minimal what was being done. I know 100 percent they did not do anything on the torque limits as it still closed the throttle when car made 520whp. I had to do some serious work on the virtual torque and mechanical transmission changes to trick it to keep throttle open over 550whp and not smoke the transmission.
    Last edited by lt1z350; 07-27-2022 at 11:55 AM.

I will say its an easy fix if willing to do the work and you actually know how to tune around torquemanagment issues. A valvebody update takes care of the pressure issues any good trans shop can take care of that. Scaling down the tune will lower the torque the ecm believes it is making and away you go and also other ways in virtual torque to make that happen. Ive managed to make 450whp on a ltg with out getting into the tcm on the a8 which is locked and some people just will not remove it and send it off to be done. Seems tunepro would rather bicker then provide good info for others on this thread which is by the way from 2015. People like that are useless to this community.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post

It would be great if they offered just the TCM tune

Advanced Tuner
    Im doing a c8 that has their ecm in it and its commanding what we asked yet still not right...
    I see you edited out that comment, but I caught it on a screenshot beforehand (happy to post it if you try to deny that you said that). That's remarkable though, you're saying they actually succeeded on the c8 stuff

People like that are useless to this community.
    No sir, just trying to keep the record straight. Because, first you said they didn't tune the tcm, then you admit they did.

Potential Tuner
    I have a gmc terrain v6 3.6l lfx awd and i want to know if someone have tunes the transmission with a switch to 6t70 to 6t80 of the xts-v awd ???