Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 CTS-V Sport, no adjustable transmission parameters

I have Sport mode on my SHO that seems to use very different shift mapping. Do you think adaptive is enabled or active in sport mode? I'll try to see if I can shut it off, but I normally take it easy in Drive, and have the higher boost settings for Sport mode.

Potential Tuner
    Looking to buy a V-Sport soon and was curious if HPTuners has added support yet for the Aisin Trans?

No and no idea if they are considering it yet. I sent a tcm to tunercat to have them add support to it so they are currently doing it which maybe once they have it maybe hptuners will then get off their rear and do it. I have my 2016 tuned and pushing it hard 20-24 lbs of boost and yet to hit the transmission torque limit. It just keeps shifting faster and harder and adapting I was surprised. It would be nice to not have it shut the throttle on the shifts or at least not so much but so far it's not been a problem and I log which torque limit the car is using and so far the only time I see trans is on the shift you will see trans s on the log the power dips then jumps right back up sure it slows down the pickup but keeps getting faster and less boost lost on shift. The car is extremely fast this way so far beat or ran with some very fast factory cars including a charger hellcat the 4 door one. That one I hung right with it. Need some down pipes to get over that hump. I don't want to get into too much here but the earlier 2014 vsport had a lower limit in the trans the newer like my 2016 has like 650 torque limit so with out turbos or a better fuel system not going to hit that limit but other adjustments would be nice. So early model when guys stared messing with them I was told 450 whp was it then on the trans limit. My car has to be making more then that I have yet to get to the quarter mile tuned but stock was 13.0 @112 88 mph in the 8th. I haven't re ran the quarter but 96 in the 8th now car makes more power everywhere. 2000 up to shift point they take a tune so well and GM should have offered these at 550 hp stock and really made it fun to drive stock. If was like this stock I wouldn't have ever even tried to tune it even if I could and just enjoyed not worrying about my factory warranty now possibly being void if they decide to dig on it if I have an issue as working on anything on this car is a bitch damn throttle body/tps is inside the intake yes it does actually have one you cannot see. Lol anyway it would be nice if hptuners did the tcm it is just a GM tcm and GM tune/software so nothing special no Toyota computer or software so to do it is no different then any other GM tcm they just have chose to not do it. A money thing I assume even though this car is getting very popular and lots of people wanting full custom tunes and so people still won't touch it afraid of no tcm support. Once I have my tunercat support I will let others know how much it helps or not just one thing do not bother messing with a 900 dollar trifecta tune just to get their trans tune so many complain on it and have issues and get no support from them I guess they did tcm support in house so if those idiots can do it then hptuners can do it just choose not to. Maybe we get enough people together they will do it. Show it is wanted and their is the people waiting to make it worth while. They could even charge 4 credits to get it to make it worth their while. Funny thing is I asked tunercat and they said send me one I will do it period. So I paid 150 bucks for a used one tool a while to find it used and programmed but did and sent it to them he emailed me said was different but not impossible and not sure why efilive or hptuners had not done it yet and he got working on it. I was going to check in on it today send an email see where they are on it. The other thing is tunercat has some other tables on the e92 that hptuners doesn't they had way more access on my 2007 tahoe e38. Just glad I decided to keep it all once I got hptuners. I did it as they were faster to have 2013 ats 2.0t support then tunercat as yes they are slower to get support on stuff but guessing a smaller company but they are loyal to their customers proven by offering to do my vsport tcm if I sent it. But depending on the year you buy don't be afraid it will stop you from making good power with out it unless it's a 2014. Not sure on the 2015 just know trifecta had issues with trans tuning on them and 2016 so maybe they are the same and 2014 on its own.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower/cam/heads boost only pass. Current record holder Builder/owner/tuner. 9.93@138/10.01@140 back to back passes

2013 cadillac ats premium 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2016 cts v-sport tuned and fast.
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap
    2017 zl1 a10 5 inch cold air/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /zr1 95mm tb/ methanol injection/ ported blower nose.

Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    I have Sport mode on my SHO that seems to use very different shift mapping. Do you think adaptive is enabled or active in sport mode? I'll try to see if I can shut it off, but I normally take it easy in Drive, and have the higher boost settings for Sport mode.
    I did find out from the tuner school book that it is important to match maps on GM anyway or can revert to the lowest map at random and when tuned they are happier with all the maps matched. That's straight out of the tunerschool direct injection book according to someone that chose to spend the 2000 bucks to buy all these books he just shares info with me on my car since I helped him on his trans stuff
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower/cam/heads boost only pass. Current record holder Builder/owner/tuner. 9.93@138/10.01@140 back to back passes

2013 cadillac ats premium 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2016 cts v-sport tuned and fast.
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap
    2017 zl1 a10 5 inch cold air/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /zr1 95mm tb/ methanol injection/ ported blower nose.

Potential Tuner
    With the new update, is the TCM included for the 2014 Vsport.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmourjr View Post
    With the new update, is the TCM included for the 2014 Vsport.
    Still no support....