Thread: Test Run: Some qustions

Not A Tuner

Test Run: Some qustions

So I have my first AutoX next weekend so tried out the app for the first time using my iPhone 5S today.

Finally got it to work properly but have some questions:

1. Check out this video from my iPhone 5S should it look this bad when enlarged (looks good on phone) ?
    Here is link: https://youtu.be/Xh3k0Y5Xg88

2. In the Start/Finish setup, do you set the Tolerance for Narrow, Standard or Wide ?

3. In More Options do you set GPS for Standard or Enhanced ?

4. In More Options do you set Mode for Reliable or Sensitive ?

Thanks
    DH

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Howie View Post
    So I have my first AutoX next weekend so tried out the app for the first time using my iPhone 5S today.

Finally got it to work properly but have some questions:

1. Check out this video from my iPhone 5S should it look this bad when enlarged (looks good on phone) ?
    Here is link: https://youtu.be/Xh3k0Y5Xg88
    The low quality of that YouTube video is just because it was uploaded at 240p. If you are uploading to YouTube from your iOS Photos app, be sure to select the High Definition or "HD" option for best quality. If you are not on a WiFi connection at the time you do it, it might also try to use a lower quality setting for cellular connections... I remember seeing something like that happen in the past.

2. In the Start/Finish setup, do you set the Tolerance for Narrow, Standard or Wide ?
    For autocross, and other tight courses, Narrow is typically best. That helps avoid premature triggering of the finish point when you are on a nearby segment.

3. In More Options do you set GPS for Standard or Enhanced ?
    The default and recommendation for iOS is Enhanced. This simply means that it will use iOS for GPS locations, unless you have an XGPS150 or XGPS160 device from Dual Electronics, in which case it will automatically use our enhanced support for that.

iOS users should usually leave this on "Enhanced" all the time, as there should be no significant impact from doing so. However, Android users would be advised to use "Standard" unless they currently have a compatible external GPS device in use, because otherwise the app would be spending resources and power actively searching for a Bluetooth device.

4. In More Options do you set Mode for Reliable or Sensitive ?

Thanks
    DH
    The default and recommendation here is Reliable. iOS offers some potential location accuracy enhancements in the Sensitive mode, but in actual use, it seemed to be more prone to errors and can have other drawbacks. It's still included for legacy reasons, because it used to be the default, but experience has shown that Reliable mode is a better choice in the majority of cases.

Not A Tuner
    Thanks for the quick response !!!

I will confirm those settings.

I will didn't notice any options for quality/resolution of upload but will go back and see if I can get a better copy. I do have Video set to Max in the Setup.

DH

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    The low quality of that YouTube video is just because it was uploaded at 240p. If you are uploading to YouTube from your iOS Photos app, be sure to select the High Definition or "HD" option for best quality. If you are not on a WiFi connection at the time you do it, it might also try to use a lower quality setting for cellular connections... I remember seeing something like that happen in the past.
    I am on WiFi. I rendered the video again to my Album and tested by uploading to YouTube and emailing to myself. The video quality is the same. I see no options rendering to my Album or uploading from my Album to increase to quality or resolution. Are you sure there is an option for this? My iPhone has the current IOS.

DH

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Howie View Post
    I am on WiFi. I rendered the video again to my Album and tested by uploading to YouTube and emailing to myself. The video quality is the same. I see no options rendering to my Album or uploading from my Album to increase to quality or resolution. Are you sure there is an option for this? My iPhone has the current IOS.

DH
    At the present time, TrackAddict automatically renders the video output to your album in the same picture size as what you had originally recorded it in, so there should be no problem there (as long as the video wasn't recorded with "Low Quality" mode, of course). The HD upload quality option will be in iOS itself, when you go to upload it from the Photos app.

When you are in the iOS Photos app, select a high-definition video (ie 720p or 1080p), press the Share button, and then select YouTube, it should look like this attached screenshot (note the checked "HD" option half way down the page).

IMG_7421.jpg

Not A Tuner
    Okay. I don't think you can downgrade the video quality in IOS. At least I couldn't find a place to adjust the video/camera quality.

I did set it to HD (per your great screen shot) and reuploaded to YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPuLjge6uzI

I think its wierd that there was no option for quality setting when emailing it as there is for uploading to YouTube.

DH
    Last edited by Dirty Howie; 09-13-2015 at 10:42 PM.