Thread: Jeep conversion w/GM LS. Can HPT turn off factory MIL?

Potential Tuner

Jeep conversion w/GM LS. Can HPT turn off factory MIL?

Let me 1st say that I'm a newb at this so for some of you this may sound simple. I'm converting a 2004 Jeep LJ to GM LS. Before I purchase I want to know if I will be able to turn off factory parameters so my MIL is not continuously on. I'm running a seperate DLC and MIL light for the GM engine.
    Thank you.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bowtie View Post
    Let me 1st say that I'm a newb at this so for some of you this may sound simple. I'm converting a 2004 Jeep LJ to GM LS. Before I purchase I want to know if I will be able to turn off factory parameters so my MIL is not continuously on. I'm running a seperate DLC and MIL light for the GM engine.
    Thank you.
    If you're running the factory GM pcm then yes hp tuners can turn off the codes from that computer.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry, I should have been more specific. I want to turn off those parameters in the Chrysler ECM. Thank you.

Advanced Tuner
    What will you be using the Chrysler ECM for? If you are going to be running a LS engine in your Jeep, you will need a GM PCM.

Advanced Tuner
    But to answer your question HPT does not support a 2004 Jeep LJ. So if you are looking to tune the Stock Chysler PCM from your Jeep with HPT. You will have to do a read with HPT and email the VCM Infomation to HPT, so they can let you know if they will ever support that PCM. But most likely they will not support it being, they have not already.

My son has a 08 JK with a LS3. The Jeep uses both computers. The GM computer controls the engine and the Jeep computer is used for the gauge and body functions. You can call Robbie at Motech in Las Vegas for more info. They do the conversions all the time.