Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Valve Control? Remove Codes?

Exhaust Valve Control? Remove Codes?

So I'm messing around with my Corvette and I was trying to disconnect the AFM exhaust valves, however I can not remove the code. Checked in the beta, however no avail. Another program, whose name shall not be mentioned, has control so I'm hoping its right around the corner, or perhaps it may be now.

Basically looking for the following parameters MIL enable/disable: P12E3, P12E7, P12E8, P12E9, P12EA, P12EB, P12EC, P12ED, P12EF, P12F0, P12F1, P12F2, P12F4, P12F5, P12F6, P12F7, P12F8, P12F9, P12FA, P12FC, P12FD, P12FE, and P12FF

Thanks!

99.9% sure we don't have access to the exhaust valves, they are not ECM or TCM components. BCM or CCM.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzpsu View Post
    So I'm messing around with my Corvette and I was trying to disconnect the AFM exhaust valves, however I can not remove the code. Checked in the beta, however no avail. Another program, whose name shall not be mentioned, has control so I'm hoping its right around the corner, or perhaps it may be now.

Basically looking for the following parameters MIL enable/disable: P12E3, P12E7, P12E8, P12E9, P12EA, P12EB, P12EC, P12ED, P12EF, P12F0, P12F1, P12F2, P12F4, P12F5, P12F6, P12F7, P12F8, P12F9, P12FA, P12FC, P12FD, P12FE,

Thanks!
    I don't understand what you are asking those DTC's are related to a gen 5 corvette?

No, I'm looking to disable the codes, which we don't have access to at the moment - or at least when I wrote this (haven't checked). They are the AFM exhaust valves to quiet the exhaust when the car is in DOD mode. If you disconnect them, they trip the lights fantastic so a custom exhaust without AFM valves appears to be an issue.

All that stuff for AFM is in the body control module....
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by Redline MS View Post
    All that stuff for AFM is in the body control module....
    Not that it matters much, but its actually the Chassis Control Module (K38)

Andrew, We have not found a workaround other than pulling the controller's from the valves, plugging them in and zip tying them out of the way.
    Last edited by NTIMID8; 12-20-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NTIMID8 View Post
    Not that it matters much, but its actually the Chassis Control Module (K38)

Andrew, We have not found a workaround other than pulling the controller's from the valves, plugging them in and zip tying them out of the way.
    Regardless its not the ECM. The valve control logic is much more involved then we'd like and we have been seeing some weird stuff most likely tied to the torque model getting moved around.
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

We have some good news for this... The latest version 3.5 beta includes the capability to flash the C7 Corvette's CCM controller, which gives you control over DTC's that it reports, such as these P12xx codes. Enough track days may eventually melt the plastic part of these AFM valves and can throw several DTC's from the CCM, or installing some aftermarket exhausts could impact it as well, both even if you don't ever care to use any AFM functionality (this is primarily for when the driver selects V4 "Eco" mode). Even though the vehicle runs great regardless, a Check Engine Light can be an annoyance and an embarrassment, and may mask real fault conditions that you would care about.

I've personally tested this on my own 2014 Vette by completely unplugging one of the AFM valves, which then threw P12F4 and P12F8 from the CCM after 2 cycles with it disconnected, and was probably going to be throwing others soon due to lots of track use (seems to be a somewhat common issue). Upon apply the CCM modification to turn off these DTC's, it no longer triggered the Check Engine Light or reported it via OBD-II, and you have the option to control a larger selection of other CCM DTC's as well. It does cost 2 credits to license the CCM, but this personally saved me from spending even more to buy AFM valve eliminator circuits (or the time the hack together my own design). Many thanks to our engineering team for making this easy solution available!

To get access to 3.5 beta, please e-mail Support at HPTuners.com . You'll then need to use it to do a new read from the vehicle to get it to pick up the CCM controller and offer its DTC options in the software.

very cool, thank you for doing that! is there anything else we can do (or that can be done) with the CCM that might be cause for licensing besides disabling codes?

Since the CCM is the same hardware as some FPCMs, does this mean we can expect those to be supported?

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Since the CCM is the same hardware as some FPCMs, does this mean we can expect those to be supported?
    The ~09 CTS-V and ZR1 FSCMs are already supported in the beta for DTC removal.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    The ~09 CTS-V and ZR1 FSCMs are already supported in the beta for DTC removal.
    Was more interested in ZL1.

Does write entire work yet?

Write entire will not be supported. The ZR1 and CTS-V hardware is not interchangeable so one cannot be flashed with the OS of the other.

Can we get access to the CCM/FPCM to turn off DTC's like p029E? on cars like our Holden VF GTS?

Steve, we'll need some of those modules.

Ill chase up the different types/version and mail them up

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Write entire will not be supported. The ZR1 and CTS-V hardware is not interchangeable so one cannot be flashed with the OS of the other.
    I meant for updating older CTS-V FPCMs. I thought the 09 had a different operating system.

I was pretty sure the V and ZR1 module were the same.

I believe I sent in bin files from a 2013 ZL1. I can send a FPCM from a 2010 Camaro SS but I think you guys already have hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    We have some good news for this... The latest version 3.5 beta includes the capability to flash the C7 Corvette's CCM controller, which then gives you control over DTC's that it reports. On the C7's, enough track days can eventually melt the plastic part of these AFM valves and potentially throw several DTC's from the CCM, even if you don't ever care to use any AFM functionality (this is primarily for when the driver selects V4 "Eco" mode), and in some cases aftermarket exhausts may affect it as well. Even though the vehicle runs great regardless, a Check Engine Light is quite annoying and embarrassing, and may mask real fault conditions that you would care about. I've heard a rumor that they've removed the AFM valve entirely from certain models of the newer C7's, but of course that's not of any help to those of us who bought early models.

I've personally tested this on my own 2014 Vette by completely unplugging one of the AFM valves, which then threw P12F4 and P12F8 from the CCM after 2 cycles with it disconnected, and was probably going to be throwing others soon due to lots of track use (seems to be a somewhat common issue). Upon apply the CCM modification to turn off these DTC's, it no longer triggered the Check Engine Light or reported it via OBD-II, and you have the option to control a larger number of other CCM DTC's as well. It does cost 2 credits to license the CCM, but this personally saved me from spending even more to buy AFM valve eliminator circuits (or the time the hack together my own design). Many thanks to our engineering team for making the solution available!

To get access to 3.5 beta, please e-mail Support at HPTuners.com
    Awesome.

Do we have to do anything special, i.e. fresh read or anything?
    Last edited by schpenxel; 02-09-2017 at 10:03 AM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Awesome.

Do we have to do anything special, i.e. fresh read or anything?
    You have to read the vehicle again.

That's what I was thinking, nothing was showing up on old tunes, thanks.