Thread: Injector tuning question for Injector Dynamics

Potential Tuner

Injector tuning question for Injector Dynamics

what would be the effects of running a car on ID 1300's while still using the inputs of ID 1000's? I ask this because i am pretty sure a car that i am messing with has this issue.(08 GT500) I'm new to tuning and not sure if it would be a massive issue or just a few quirks here and there, the car drives fine, WOT AFR is also great, but it does have some Idle issues, random stalling and hunting for idle. i was going to just change the values to what ID puts out on their website but wanted to ask first, and also the numbers have to be converted from ID to match how the Ford's measure injectors rated (lb/hr vs lb/sec) any help on this would be greatful to.

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    On the 08 gt500, can you change the unit of measure? On the coyotes if you click the unit of measure it'll change so converting doesn't need to take place. I have the id1000's in my 11 gt, and had to change quite a few of the scalers in order for everything to work right. Hunting/surging idle has been cured with a little play with idle airflow tables on this pcm.
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Potential Tuner
    ok yea that helped a little bit, but still need to convert lbm/sec to lb/hr for high and low slopes, when i click on those units of measure it isn't an option for lbm/sec

Advanced Tuner
    There is a unit converter in both scanner and editor. Not sure if you're conversion is there, but worth a look.

1 hour = 3600 seconds

Potential Tuner
    yes you are right it is there. thanks, it's just worded different lbm/sec vs lb/s, i wasn't sure if they were the same thing, thanks for your help

now any idea what the effects would be if you were to run the ID 1300's with the tables using ID 1000's?

Senior Tuner
    The calibration tables are so different I doubt your car will run right. Best to just go in and change the calibration? If you have trouble then PM me and I can help.

Advanced Tuner
    Well seeing as the 1300's are bigger, the ipw multipliers along with other settings will probably cause the car to run rich. Load calc's along with some other things may be off, but if you adjust via the maf, you could work around it. I suggest going with the settings for the 1300's though.

Senior Tuner
    Should be able to click the value label and scroll through the different units on any constants. Tables, in 2.24, right click and change units. Tables in 2.25, click the units label in the "enter value" box or right click and change units.
    Jaime