Thread: 2015 Coyote Boost Guage/MAF pegging at 86.69 LB/Hour

Tuner

2015 Coyote Boost Guage/MAF pegging at 86.69 LB/Hour

Customer's 2015 GT now has a ProCharger. The car is running the 10 pound of boost setup. The factory boost gauge is only showing 3. Will I have to scale something to make it function?

Also, he just made a hit, and it seems to be hitting a limit on the MAF (86.69 pounds in this case). Can it be scaled somewhere in the software? Or does it need a "MAFia" type device to scale it?Procharger Data Log 8.hplJeff Moll 2015 Mustang GT Procharger 18.hptFord Coyote Configuration.cfg

Tuner
    Attachments.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    I have not done this myself, but you can rescale your Injector Control Flow Rates(Low,High and Breakpoint) and also your Engine Displacement by multiplying by .8 or .7. This was recommended by LaSota in his Coyote tuning guide. My understanding is that the 86.69lb/min is a software limit, not a limit on the MAF sensor, so a Mafia is not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    I have not done this myself, but you can rescale your Injector Control Flow Rates(Low,High and Breakpoint) and also your Engine Displacement by multiplying by .8 or .7. This was recommended by LaSota in his Coyote tuning guide. My understanding is that the 86.69lb/min is a software limit, not a limit on the MAF sensor, so a Mafia is not needed.
    The 86 whatever limit is a limit of the SAE PID for MAF Airflow. You should be logging the MAF Period DMR anyway.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    Just got the newest Beta last night, my old version wouldn't. So you're saying I don't need to scale anything Eric, it's a PID limitation not a computer limitation? Also, any ideas on the factory boost gauge?

Tuner
    Ok, so after it hits the limit, the car starts going lean still. I'm assuming it will need scaled?

how much boost do you normally see on a coyote by the time we reach the 86lb ? I know it depends on the fi type but I want to get a rough idea.

Thank you

Tuner
    My rough guess would be that 86lbs is close to 860whp. So i'd expect about 14psi to 16psi boost. If you see 86lbs on lower boost then probably MAF off, and if fuel trims still lean, then probably running out of fuel causing lean condition.

I was thinking around 14psi at least from what I've seen in my turbo setup, wondering if different setups match somewhere close. I was around 780 to the wheels so maybe 860 to the crank is close too?

Senior Tuner
    RPM, volumetric efficiency, and the 5 liter displacement has a lot more to do with it than choice of FI, of when you will hit the 86.68lb/min.

At 13000rpm if the engine held together and air was still flowing into the intake well enough, you could hit 86.68 with out forced induction.

With the same conditions, At 7psi around 9000 RPMs you would hit it.

Same efficiency at 11psi, you can hit it at 7500.

At 14-15psi around 6500rpm.

The four valve modular motors are amazing as they follow this trend of efficiency into very high boost levels. At high RPM They just keep wanting to breath more and don't choke.

Advanced Tuner
    Torque/inverse tables not scaled or populated correct. I think stock has a higher inverse axis than this file. Your vehicle is not hitting a limit. Your calculations are hitting a limit.
    If you're at 7 psi of boost at sea level that's close to half atmospheric pressure of 14.2 or 50% more air being forced into the motor. If you have a dyno. Rescaling torque tables's load axis to high enough for a realistic torque number and getting the inverse calculated would fix the reading.