Thread: All stock 07 Suburban w/ 5.3L V8 dynoed

Potential Tuner

All stock 07 Suburban w/ 5.3L V8 dynoed

Hi to all!

I'd just like to share my first tune with HP Tuners. Here's an '07 Suburban with a 5.3L V8 A/T 2WD model

12011319_536264789856358_5143818294263651895_n.jpg

Are these gains more or less the average for this type of engine in all stock form? I'm from the Philippines by the way so amb temp is more or less 33C, humidity 69%, elevation 17.0m

Looks like a pretty gain to me with a tune only.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Will you share your before and after file?

Potential Tuner
    Sorry I don't share tune files. It's not that I don't want to help, it's just that this is a profession for me and I do need to somehow protect my work. I hope you understand.

All I can tell you is that I edited PE tables to have PE come sooner and edited spark tables + eliminated 'predicted knock retard' and these had the biggest effect

so you dont want to share your info. but you want us to share our knowledge with you.
    ummm sorry.

Hahaha right. Delete.

He's not asking for any help, just sharing results.
    Pretty common. Nobody shares good tunes anywhere, only pieces of information. It's up to you to gather all the pieces and build your tune. Experiment, test, fail, repeat, succeed.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Montecarlodrag:
    when he asks:
    Quote:
    Are these gains more or less the average for this type of engine in all stock form? I'm from the Philippines by the way so amb temp is more or less 33C, humidity 69%, elevation 17.0m
    End Quote:

that means he is asking us for advise and our knowledge. hes not sure if he can get more out of the tune.
    point made !!!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dually681 View Post
    Montecarlodrag:
    when he asks:
    Quote:
    End Quote:

that means he is asking us for advise and our knowledge. hes not sure if he can get more out of the tune.
    point made !!!
    It's one thing to ask IF you're doing it right, and another thing to ask HOW to do it. I explained the reason why, but that can't seem to find its way into that tiny brain of yours. I even went as far as to what tables to edit (which by the way is all over this forum) so stop whining.
    Last edited by Profab_C; 10-11-2015 at 01:17 AM.