Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: VE tuning with HPT Wideband and Narrowband how to

Tuner in Training

Re: VE tuning with HPT Wideband and Narrowband how

Okay All,

The domain is up and resolving so I have parked the version of the tuning document with all the snapshots at

http://texasfbody.org/hpt/SDTuningVE/

(There's nothing else on the domain yet, but will be soon!)
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

2001 TA ~ 2000 TA ~ 95 TA - Sold ~ 87 FB - Buried in New Mexico ~ 86 FB - Sold

Advanced Tuner

Looks good man...I lot more in depth that what I had.

When using the "Tune VE with Wideband " method. What FTC should one see while logging.

I logged some last night and I'm only seeing ftc 20 21 and 22. I'm thinking there should be more ftc than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Confused1
    When using the "Tune VE with Wideband " method. What FTC should one see while logging.

I logged some last night and I'm only seeing ftc 20 21 and 22. I'm thinking there should be more ftc than this.
    There wont be any other FTC's while your in open loop, when you allow closed loop back into the picture it will turn on the other airflow modes.

Ross

00000a3503

I'm hopng that someone can help me.. I'm using the wideband method.. 2 questions. 1. How long do you have to log using this method? Can I just hit the cells, then change my ve table or do I need to log a while? 2. Do I have to reset the fuel trims after I make changes to the ve table? Thanks.

Tuner

Qsgt,

You should clear your FTC's b4 you start then log for at least 20-30 mins trying to hit as many cells as you can. set your scanner to read average valus.
    hope this helps.

Regards Mark

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by cured5.7
    Qsgt,

You should clear your FTC's b4 you start then log for at least 20-30 mins trying to hit as many cells as you can. set your scanner to read average valus.
    hope this helps.

Regards Mark

You mean the LTFTs right??? FTC stands for Fuel Trim Cell...

???
    2007 CTS-V LS2

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    it's just a sanity check on the ETC operation. Many s/c folks have problems with this table cos the MAF is reading way more air than this table is expecting to see. Either way this table needs to be greater than the maximum Cylinder Air (g/cyl) you are seeing.

To disable it just set everything to 1.0 or something big.

Chris...

and this will work for people running mafless????
    i am getting 1514 without maf, i assume this cause the computer will default maf reading to highest value????????

i need help, not really going anywhere w/new ptk twin c5 vert setup until i stop reduced engine power as it shuts the car DOWN!!

Tuner

You mean the LTFTs right FTC stands for Fuel Trim Cell...
    Yes..............

I'm a newby to this stuff, and I seem to be running into some of the same problems as some of you regarding dialing in the VE table. Although I'm not using wideband, I figure I should be able to at least get something fairly consistent, and I thought I had. I then started tweaking the MAF calibration table, and started seeing funny results, and I'm ready to go back to looking at my VE table. However, in reading through the help file, I'm seeing something that we can 0 out, which I think we should 0 when trying to dial in the VE table, that I haven't seen mentioned on this forum.

Shouldn't we 0 out the VE correction factor? In my 03 5.3l Chevy truck's stock setup, it shows the VE correction factor limits to be basically +/- 50%, which from what I've read, is basically a filtered average of what it thinks the VE table's values are off by. I suspect that I, and maybe you, have tried to come up with a nearly perfect VE table, only to have the truck see new errors in the table, and adjust the VE correction factor for us again, screwing up our wonderful efforts.

I have set up a new file to install tomorrow to try to redo my VE table. Basically I have set my VE Correction Factor Initial vs. ECT Zone values to all 1.000, and have changed my VE Correction Factor min and max values to both 1.000. This I hope will force this fudge factor to not do any fudging while I am in the middle of trying to calibrate my VE.

Any thoughts??
    03 Avalanche Z66
    5.3L, Vortech supercharger, water/meth injection, circle D 3200 stall converter, truetrac diff, shorty JBA headers
    Replaced 5.3 with ATK 6.0 460 hp crate motor - haven't put sc and w/m on it yet

00 vert vette
    Rebuilt LS1 with large cam, injectors, ported and slightly milled 243 heads, Weiand/Lingenfelter Intake Manifold, Vararam Ram Air Intake, LT headers, no cats, Corsa Indy exhaust, higher stall converter

Tuner

When you are tuning your VE table have you disabled PE? Should it be disabled?
    Pontiac Trans Am WS.7 Ram Air -98&&

I set my PE to come on at 100% throttle when trying to calibrate my VE table, and try to not give it 100% while logging data.
    03 Avalanche Z66
    5.3L, Vortech supercharger, water/meth injection, circle D 3200 stall converter, truetrac diff, shorty JBA headers
    Replaced 5.3 with ATK 6.0 460 hp crate motor - haven't put sc and w/m on it yet

00 vert vette
    Rebuilt LS1 with large cam, injectors, ported and slightly milled 243 heads, Weiand/Lingenfelter Intake Manifold, Vararam Ram Air Intake, LT headers, no cats, Corsa Indy exhaust, higher stall converter

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Main_One
    I'm a newby to this stuff, and I seem to be running into some of the same problems as some of you regarding dialing in the VE table. Although I'm not using wideband, I figure I should be able to at least get something fairly consistent, and I thought I had. I then started tweaking the MAF calibration table, and started seeing funny results, and I'm ready to go back to looking at my VE table. However, in reading through the help file, I'm seeing something that we can 0 out, which I think we should 0 when trying to dial in the VE table, that I haven't seen mentioned on this forum.

Shouldn't we 0 out the VE correction factor? In my 03 5.3l Chevy truck's stock setup, it shows the VE correction factor limits to be basically +/- 50%, which from what I've read, is basically a filtered average of what it thinks the VE table's values are off by. I suspect that I, and maybe you, have tried to come up with a nearly perfect VE table, only to have the truck see new errors in the table, and adjust the VE correction factor for us again, screwing up our wonderful efforts.

I have set up a new file to install tomorrow to try to redo my VE table. Basically I have set my VE Correction Factor Initial vs. ECT Zone values to all 1.000, and have changed my VE Correction Factor min and max values to both 1.000. This I hope will force this fudge factor to not do any fudging while I am in the middle of trying to calibrate my VE.

Any thoughts??

i dont really understand this table, but it looks to be a time based table of when the LTFT correction is applied not necesarrly how