Thread: 4l60e shifting issue after swap

Tuner in Training

4l60e shifting issue after swap

Hey Guys and Gals, I'm new to the forum....

I've got a bit of a mess that came into my shop. I have HP tuners but am by no means expericanced with it, i mostly just write files and log with it.

So here is what i have.

71 gmc c-10 2WD

08 LY5 / 4L60e swap (done at another shop)

no codes, engine runs good, BUT. the trans shifts 1-2-3-4 imediately upon take off, it will shift maunally thru each gear, but will not downshift at all, does come back down to 1st when stopped.

I'll attach the file i pulled from the ecm.

im thoughts are that by the VIN # (from a 4x4) that there is either a 4X4 difference in the TCM tune or that the TCM is not getting written to? the TCM and ECM are not from the same doner to my knowledge.

So, what i have come up with is to use a known 08 2WD Vin # and get GM dealer to flash tcm/ecm to a stock file and then disable my VATS and cats etc?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Gerry Foster.

P.S. please note i didnt not write this tune, i just uploaded it out of the truck....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    ended up being a corrupt TCM.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for reporting back. I was curious what your fix was. I was going to ask if you had tried disabling the tap shift stuff.

I had some strange transmission issues once and swapping TCM's then flashing my cal to the new TCM fixed it.