Thread: E38 A/C Idle request

E38 A/C Idle request

I have searched, but no luck.

Working on a 70 C10 with a 2012 drivetrain.

I need trigger idle rpm when A/C and fan kick on.
    The Ac system is not tied in to ECM at all. Is there a pin out / wire I could make it idle up?

thx
    Hers -07 Jeep - SRT-8, Stock for now!
    His -05 GMC - Duramax, CCSB,4x4,LLY
    His -99 GMC - RCSB, 6.0, T-72 front mount, A/W intercooler, 4L80E, and bolt-ons

Tuner
    I've done many swaps into older stuff and just finished a cammed 6.0/6l80 into a '70 k10 with Vintage Air, etc..
    I'm assuming you're using a Vintage Air or other aftermarket kit?
    If so, you don't really need to kick the idle up for a/c operation, the compressor won't drag rpms down hardly at all. If you want to wire the trinary switch in to activate the fans you can do that, but 90% of all the swaps we do don't have any integration.
    You CAN use a Corvette A/C pressure sensor (I think that's right) and install that in your A/C system, but it's going to be really hard to get the A/C airflow/ timing and other compensation tables right with a system that operates with different compressor torque ratings, etc. It's not as easy as the old idle solenoid systems that just bump idle up for A/C.
    I've spent countless hours messing with this and have found that unless I have an engineering degree and expensive equipment to measure engine accessory torque, it's not worth the intense hassle. It's SO much easier/simpler to just get your idle calibrations set right as you normally would, zero out all the A/C torque management settings, and move on. You shouldn't notice a thing except for the click of the compressor kicking in.