Thread: Shift Ramp Torque - Mopar TCM - Adaptive?

Tuner in Training

Shift Ramp Torque - Mopar TCM - Adaptive?

Below are a couple screenshots of the Shift Ramp Torque values read from my Mopar 6.1 TCM

The first is what I pulled from the car, the second is what I'm running now.

Some background...

I have been using an add-on shift modifier similar to the Tranzformer, a product called a VTCM. This raises line pressure for firmer shifts, but I think it has caused what I am seeing here... the TCM trying to bring the firmness back down. With the add-on VTCM removed, my 2-3 shift was taking so long, the car was hitting the PCM rev limiter at 6,800 before the shift would complete (TCM set at 6,200 shift point). Resetting transmission adaptives with a Predator made no difference.

I added to the values in the tables (got rid of the big dip in 2-3 table) and have managed to get the shift to complete before hitting a lowered PCM rev limit of 6,500, (see second picture) but would like to know what these values were for a factory new Mopar TCM, to be using as my tuning basepoint.

I am hoping someone can provide a sample from a TCM that hasn't been subject to the use of a shift modifier such as a Tranzformer or VTCM.

Thanks!

Ramp Before.JPGRamp Now.JPG
    Last edited by CrucialVelocity; 09-27-2015 at 02:30 PM.

External piggyback devices would not alter the values in the calibration. What you're seeing are the original values.

Also, you could always disable the adapts for each shift if you want to keep the firmness consistent.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by caesar View Post
    Also, you could always disable the adapts for each shift if you want to keep the firmness consistent.
    Caesar - I assume that you are referring to Trans/Auto Shift Properties/Adaptive/Torque Adapt?
    What about the Trans/Auto Shift Properties/Adaptive/Fill Time and Fill Pressure Adapt's ?

Yes, I'd try disabling all of them and see how it reacts to it. I haven't personally tested it but it won't hurt anything to try. You can lower the max pos/max neg numbers instead.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by caesar View Post
    Yes, I'd try disabling all of them and see how it reacts to it. I haven't personally tested it but it won't hurt anything to try. You can lower the max pos/max neg numbers instead.
    Working with a 2014 LC I had the opportunity to try this today. I did not seem to make any difference. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I was able to test the raising of the "limp" threshold and it worked.

Adaptives can take longer to see a difference since by design they need to take into account your general driving style (over time).
    Last edited by caesar; 09-29-2015 at 06:55 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Just an update, caesar of course was correct, I have seen another Mopar TCM read, and same tables as I posted above. I just thought that 44 at the bottom of the 2-3 shift table looked out of place, guess not.
    Last edited by CrucialVelocity; 11-20-2015 at 08:01 AM.