Thread: Northstar Throttle Body WOT Cylinder Airmass

Northstar Throttle Body WOT Cylinder Airmass

When I am in WOT I can hardly touch the .92 g/cyl column. Is this because of the Northstar throttle body? Should I be concerned? Any input would be appreciated.

Timing.JPG
    Last edited by SleepinRegal; 09-30-2015 at 12:08 PM.
    01' Regal LS - ZZP SSM90 Swap, N* w/ LQ4, ZZP Fenderwell Intake, ZZP SS Intercooler, Bosch 42.5#, Speed Daddy Headers, Some Underdrive Pulleys, Walbro Pump w/ Racetronix rewire, Triple Edge Performance HD 3.25 tranny.

You know the saying, "Once the mod bug bites, it never goes away". I can finally agree with that now

Advanced Tuner
    .92?! I don't think I've ever seen my LFX go over .68! :-) I assumed that these "low" air volume values are just normal with a V6 (compared to a V8)...

Quote Originally Posted by SleepinRegal View Post
    When I am in WOT I can hardly touch the .92 g/cyl column. Is this because of the Northstar throttle body? Should I be concerned? Any input would be appreciated.
    Timing.JPG
    Actually that's pretty good. Vehicle weight plays a big roll in air mass.

I assumed that these "low" air volume values are just normal with a V6 (compared to a V8)...
    Hey now, this old boat has smoked plenty of v8's

Actually that's pretty good. Vehicle weight plays a big roll in air mass.
    Sweet, I did not know that. Yeah this Regal is definitely not light at all. Thanks
    Last edited by SleepinRegal; 09-30-2015 at 12:10 PM.
    01' Regal LS - ZZP SSM90 Swap, N* w/ LQ4, ZZP Fenderwell Intake, ZZP SS Intercooler, Bosch 42.5#, Speed Daddy Headers, Some Underdrive Pulleys, Walbro Pump w/ Racetronix rewire, Triple Edge Performance HD 3.25 tranny.

You know the saying, "Once the mod bug bites, it never goes away". I can finally agree with that now

Advanced Tuner
    I didn't mean anything negative about it being lower than V8's (I have a V6 too!), I just figured that the airmass would naturally be lower on a V6 than a V8.... I'm assuming that a V8 would need a lot more air than a V6 since it has to fill 8 cylinders instead of 6? Or am I misunderstanding what this value truly represents?