Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010-2015 Taurus SHO 3.5L Ecoboost Now Supported!

2010-2015 Taurus SHO 3.5L Ecoboost Now Supported!

Proud to announce that we have added support for both the 2010-2012 Taurus SHO (Green Oak PCM) and the 2013-2015 Taurus SHO (Tricore 1797 PCM).

Please update to the latest beta if you'd wish to tune one of these vehicles.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    I was able to do *some* tuning to a 2012 before, and with the latest beta there does not appear to be any more parameters in the tune to change boost. Do the SHO motors have VCT like the trucks?

Perhaps I need to re-read it from the car with the new beta, but any time things were added to coyote startegies I was able to see them just opening the file.

Am i missing something?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I believe this is just a formal announcment of supporting them, it doesn't mean any more tables were added into the master definition.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Fair enough.

Can't wait for all the parameters to be added!!

Does this mean that the 2014 Fusion 1.5 Ecoboost is soon to be supported as well?

Quote Originally Posted by mattlinke View Post
    I was able to do *some* tuning to a 2012 before, and with the latest beta there does not appear to be any more parameters in the tune to change boost. Do the SHO motors have VCT like the trucks?

Perhaps I need to re-read it from the car with the new beta, but any time things were added to coyote startegies I was able to see them just opening the file.

Am i missing something?
    I added support for the 10-12 SHO earlier, but like you said, there is some things missing. The 13+ is much more complete currently and I will get the 10-12 stuff just as complete in the next couple of weeks.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse_GTO View Post
    Does this mean that the 2014 Fusion 1.5 Ecoboost is soon to be supported as well?
    Yes.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    I added support for the 10-12 SHO earlier, but like you said, there is some things missing. The 13+ is much more complete currently and I will get the 10-12 stuff just as complete in the next couple of weeks.
    As long as its in the pipeline; Im good. Do you have a 2013 file that I can look at? Are they totally different than the 2012s?

Tuner in Training
    have a 2010 sho tried 2056 green oak in new beta software and was unable to grab stock file whick green oak pcm should i select (had checksum error)

Quote Originally Posted by mattlinke View Post
    As long as its in the pipeline; Im good. Do you have a 2013 file that I can look at? Are they totally different than the 2012s?
    Sorry for the delay.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by angjunior View Post
    have a 2010 sho tried 2056 green oak in new beta software and was unable to grab stock file whick green oak pcm should i select (had checksum error)
    If you got a checksum error, then the file was read properly, but it may be an operating system that we have not defined yet. Please email the file to support so that it can be added.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Is the 2012 3.5 Fusion covered?

Tuner in Training
    sent the file last night to support. thank you Eric

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Sorry for the delay.
    No worries, thanks for the file!

Advanced Tuner
    After seeing this, Im excited to get the 2012 retuned, there looks like a lot of meat on the bone here.

Does anyone know how to scale in a 3 bar map sensor on a SHO? I have compared an SHO tune to an F150 but am not sure what all values need to be altered.

Bump for advice scaling in a 3 bar map sensor

I got to do some major logging tonight using the beta scanner and look forward to enabling the optimum power settings and dialing in cam timing in the near future.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by posenheimer View Post
    Does anyone know how to scale in a 3 bar map sensor on a SHO? I have compared an SHO tune to an F150 but am not sure what all values need to be altered.
    just need to modify the slope and intercept values for the 3 bar.

Quote Originally Posted by posenheimer View Post
    Copy the values for the TIP sensor and paste into the MAP sensor. The 3-bar MAP that you bought should be the same as your TIP sensor.