Thread: 2013 & 2014 Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/RAM Flashing

2013 & 2014 Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/RAM Flashing

We've received a few emails over time regarding the message that pops up when you attempt to flash a 2013 or 2014 Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/RAM for the first time. So, I'm going to do a quick write up and link it to the "READ ME!!! General Dodge Tuning information and How To's thread" for future reference...

The following message will pop up after you attempt to flash a 2013 or 2014 Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/RAM vehicle for the first time:

"The software in your control module requires a one-time update before custom tuning can be installed. The entire procedure can take up to 15 minutes and you will be asked to cycle the ignition during the process. Please follow the instructions carefully and do not interrupt the process."

Just to explain what's going on here ... in order to properly flash your 2013/2014 vehicle, the boot software in your PCM has to be modified. This message is just informing you that VCM Editor is about to do that. After this is done the first time, it will never have to do it again and all future flashes will be quick and easy (like flashing a 2012 Dodge). This will not affect your vehicle negatively in anyway nor will it affect the ability for the PCM to be reprogrammed by a Dodge dealership if necessary.

Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    what about having to go back to original when i take it to the dealer , will i have to buy another credit to put the tune back on ?

Tuner in Training
    or can i take it off and put it back on whenever i want? and if i edit a parameter can i load it back onto the jeep or do i have to purchase another credit ? sorry if this isn't the place for these type of questions but i searched everywhere

Tuner in Training
    nevermind I know the answer