Thread: 2011 LHU Regal GS tune on a CXL?

Tuner in Training

2011 LHU Regal GS tune on a CXL?

Hey guys, quick question.

I have a German built 2011 Regal T.
    I haven't yet purchased credits for the car... hopefully the German version has the same PCM and tune.

Can you throw a GS tune on the T and gain some power? There is a tune for a 12 GS LHU in the repository. Otherwise I'm looking at a ZZP canned tune.
    I know they might have a few exhaust differences, but other than that, I think the 50hp power difference is all in the tune.
    I'm not sure if there were other differences and don't want to waste my time if its not that easy.
    My tuning skills are VERY rusty.

Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Batwood View Post
    Hey guys, quick question.

I have a German built 2011 Regal T.
    I haven't yet purchased credits for the car... hopefully the German version has the same PCM and tune.

Can you throw a GS tune on the T and gain some power? There is a tune for a 12 GS LHU in the repository. Otherwise I'm looking at a ZZP canned tune.
    I know they might have a few exhaust differences, but other than that, I think the 50hp power difference is all in the tune.
    I'm not sure if there were other differences and don't want to waste my time if its not that easy.
    My tuning skills are VERY rusty.

Thanks!
    I dug up this old thread and am looking for the same thing, putting a stock 2012 Regal GS tune into a 2011. From what I have researched, the engine is mechanically identical, but it is a 52 hp increase by the tune alone. Has anyone done this?

Also, I believe that the factory remote start was not available on the 2011 because they were built in Germany where it is/was illegal, but in 2012 it was turned on in the software or cal. Can anyone confirm this?

Potential Tuner
    The OS is different