Thread: 2016 ZO6 scanner incorrect MAP readings

2016 ZO6 scanner incorrect MAP readings

Just a heads up, I just tuned a 2016 ZO6 yesterday, and with both 2.24 and 2.25 scanner, the map would read 65 kpa key on engine off. It is off the entire time its running as well. I confirmed with GM MDI that it reads correctly with their system, just not reporting right in VCM scanner. 2015 ZO6 reads correctly, but not the 2016
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

I just checked the vehicle with a simple hand held scanner, and it shows the same 65kpa key on engine off. So that means there is something skewing the data output on anything other then GM's tools.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

I see the same on my 16 Z06
    G-FORCE Motorsports
    1941 CR 129 Pearland TX 77581
    281-993-5451 PH 281-993-5421 FAX

www.gforce-tx.com
    [email protected]
    PCM Tuner LSX and SCT <-> How Much Force Can You Take??
    2009 CTS-V 630 RWHP 10.90 @ 129mph

When you used the GM MDI, are you looking at the SAE parameter, or a manufacturer specific param?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

I'm pretty sure anything with the MDI is specific to GM. The tech said he just started scanning like usual, just changed it to metric to read kpa.
    Last edited by veee8; 10-13-2015 at 04:25 PM.
    www.crawford-racing.com

Seeing the same thing on a 16 Z06 today. However I do see there is a MAP Hi-Res and a MAP Hi-Res (SAE). The SAE pid doesn't work and kills some other PID's when used. The regular MAP Hi-Res does work and seems to read correctly.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

This seems to be a GM bug for this OS. Several customers have verified the erroneous readings with different scan tools.

Got another one in here, I changed the list and chart settings to the MAP HiRes and it does seem to work ok and is accurate.
    www.crawford-racing.com