Thread: cannot use most functions on vcm controls.

Tuner in Training

cannot use most functions on vcm controls.

the vcm controls it seems alot of stuff it won't let me turn on and off for testing. Especially the timing advance, it will only let me lower it but not raise it at to find what timing gives me the most vacuum at idle. How can I set it to adjust up the spark at idle? thanks for the help.
    Last edited by 06blackgto; 10-17-2015 at 08:12 PM.

Tuner in Training
    anyone?

Tuner in Training
    forget it. I'll figure it out myself.

Not all controls are available on all vehicles.

Can you describe in more detail what the problem you are having is?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    thanks for getting back to me. the spark control only the minus works. not the positive or the absolute control. and the aft control doesn't work. Maybe it's because of the yr. of my car. a 2009 g8 gt. these are the only ones that I can think of, atleast that I hope I can get working for mine. thanks again.

Can you describe how it doesn't work? Is the button greyed out.. are you able to press it.. are you pressing it and not seeing results? etc...

What version of software are you running?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    I believe Im running the 2.24 version. Just the one that came on the disk. Yes the afr control and the positive spark control are greyed out. the ones that will work are a darker shade of gray. when i press on the ones that are lighter gray, nothing happens.

Senior Tuner
    The E38/E67 PCM will only allow for negative timing controls in the scanner. That is governed by the ECU. There is a value in either the diagnostic tab or timing tab, that allows you to adjust that limit, but if you want to "add" timing with the scanner, you'll have to add 10 deg to the whole timing table (or area you are working in) then take the 10 deg out with the scanner then "add" it in by decreasing the negative value in the bi di controls. This is not an HP Tuners problem. It's a GM engineer problem, but it's been known about for several years. You can search a couple of threads about it.

Tuner in Training
    Gotcha. Thanks ElecTech and Keith. That's what i'll do.