Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: logging injector pulse width?

Advanced Tuner

logging injector pulse width?

How do I log injector pulse width in VCM scanner or LiveLink?

I've found a few posts saying 0x1142 is pulse width for the ford falcon BF but when I add it to LiveLink it fails no matter what data type I select (int16/float etc).

Tried VCM scanner beta but there is no injector pulse width for my strategy (HACCE). How can I add custom PIDs in VCM scanner? I've loaded other peoples logs and they have injector ms but I can't see how they have added it.

Advanced Tuner
    Old Livelink (4.0+ etc) - FUEL_PW_SEC
    New Livelink (6.0+ etc) uses Fuel Pulsewidth in Clock Ticks - FUEL_PW_CLKTIK
    Gen II - search by Enhanced PIDs (DRM's) - FUEL PW CLKTIK

Forscan and and ELM 327 will do Inj PW also. Best bang for buck logging available, however if you have a new xcal4 tune, it scrambles the strategy identifier in the VID and you can't get Forscan working.

Advanced Tuner
    Hmm I just get 0 if I log FUEL PW CLKTIK

I tried live link 6.5 but it won't detect my xcal 4

any other tips?

Advanced Tuner
    What car is it?

Advanced Tuner
    BF mk2 xr6 turbo manual

Advanced Tuner
    Also is the xcal 4 backwards compatible with livelink 6.5 etc?i tried uninstalling and installing 6.5 but no duce.

Livelink seems extremely buggy

If I log engine rpm (drm) it locks up logging at the 2.4 second mark.
    I have to log analog input raw, stop log, add my custom analog formula. If I don't it says "error checking selected item"
    If during a data log I untick the first item in the list I get an unhandled exception and live link crashes.

If we released software at my work like this the client would never pay us nor would they come back...

Advanced Tuner
    I'm unsure of the backwards compatibility. I use xcal2 and 3's for logging. I have an X4 but never used it for logging. Get an ELM 327 and Forscan if you can't get it to work. Livelink can be a jerk at the best of times!

Advanced Tuner
    I'm guessing the serial OBD2 cable that comes with VCM scanner is not really serial and they just use that plug for convenience? if it is a real serial cable is there any software that will work with it?

I only want to log pulse width to determine when I'm hitting the low/high slope breakpoint. Is there any other way to do this, if load is proportional to airmass could I work it out from this?

I considered setting my high slope to an absolutely ridiculously number and logging this vs something to figure it out. Can you log airmass directly ? Other option is I could put a clamp on one of the injector wires to measure the Pulse width this way, I think my fluke meter might do it but I can't input that to my logs which makes it kind of useless.
    Last edited by rolls; 10-17-2015 at 09:48 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    As far as I'm aware there is no slope flag, I've always worked out what slope in running off via the method you're indicating. I've got a spreadsheet from a few years back.

Note that the batt offset table is a deadtime adder, so if you use an external measurement device you will get the full pulsewidth. Livelink will log pulsewidth but does not include the deadtime adder.

Yeah you can log airmass per intake stroke.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok I'm an idiot, the FUEL PW CLKTIK value is so tiny it doesn't show up on the trend. If I add a custom PID that multiplies it by 1000 it shows up fine.

Any ideas for how to log commanded lambda? The VCM scanner will log it but I can't find anything in livelink.

Advanced Tuner
    Haha yeah it logs in seconds! Commanded lambda should be there, otherwise just set the whole base fuel table to 1.0 if you're not getting up it.

Senior Tuner
    If you right click the channel value in VCM scanner, you can change the units it displays in, usually this applies to all values in HP unless it is some hard coded value.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm using livelink as vcm scanner cant log injector pulse width

Advanced Tuner
    I calculated at what pw the changeover in slopes should occur. I put a multi meter in the cabin of the car and wires to the injector so I could observe roughly where it is.

At 60kph on flat road with min pedal input/load I would be just under it. At idle obviously under but I think on cold start idle over from memory. Depends on size of injector.

Alot of the rough idles in the morning are due to the high slope not really being where they should be. With my Nizpro drilled injectors crap cold starts, but when I did my own scalling took the high slope from Nizpros 72lb to Lukes recommended 60lb and everything hunky doory once I scaled the other injector data. Just slam in to R from dead cold and all good.

This is just my observations. Probably 50% of what I say is right. To read everything right read Jets posts

Tuner
    LOl

Was thinking 50% is remarkably high considering your still tuning without any KR reference .......

FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    Good book I read once

How to win friends and influence people - Dale Carnegie

probably at odds to teaching guys like us to teach ourselves though. <3

Why would i read self help books when iam already awesome ?

Hahaha plus iam as caring and compassionate as the pooh bear

FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

This place is starting to look like fordxr6turbo.com

Tuner
    Yep, but all good.