Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 mustang 6r80 wot shift points

my car.Channels.xmllong log w wot trans brake.hplshift points wot.hpt

I have a 1-2 shift issue, ive disabled and maxed out everything torque related in the trans, this tune is a bit me messy from me piddling w it to get the converter to feel better when it locks but if you can look at it and let me know it be greatly appreciated lol im trying to get the shift mph and rpms right for me at wot, I had to set the lower pedal shifts higher due to the large stall or it would feel sluggish and bog a bit when the converter locks. but any input is welcomed

ps the end of the log shows a transbrake launch, it shows the tq reduction for 1-2, and the shift count on the scanner is off, it shows 3rd while really in 6th and a blank in 5th and 2nd when really in 4th and so on lol
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Senior Tuner
    I want to say you are hitting the IPC table limit under engine> torque management. You modified the table values but not the Y axis load values. Its just not what the log is saying.

Other than that engine>torque management>ETC torque management: torque max vs RPM starts closing the throttle at 6250 and by 6850 its requesting 350 ftlb. you never actually reach the requested 33mph shift before this happens. It wont open the TB again until desired torque achieves that. It takes awhile for that to happen. Then when it does open the TB again the transmission can decide what gear it needs to be in and the engine truncates it more. I would expand the resolution of that table so that once it hits it it knows that below a certain RPM it can stop trans truncation. stock it goes from 600-5000 in a single row. This is so the ECU knows it can open the TB between those rpms. You can max this table out and get WOT shifts if thats what you want. might be fun with a procharger thats pushing what 15-16PSI.

The TB closed position ADC would allow the transmission to shift into the higher gears. fixing this table should fix that.

not sure why when you have exhaust temp control disabled it briefly goes to that. must just be more scanner weirdness like the trans commanded gear.

what size tires do you have correcting n/v base to a more correct value may help as well.
    Last edited by murfie; 02-29-2016 at 06:28 AM.

good info in here

Im using a 295/45/18 nitto nt05 so id say its off a bit but idk, ive played w the gear ratio and see no change on speedo really so i figured it wouldnt make much diff
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Im trying the adjustments you mentioned here at lunch lol
    GOD HELP US ALL....

thanks for sharing

I went into the problem, no matter what shaft rpm I set for shift from 1 to 2, it always shifts at 7000 rpm, no problem with other gears, can shift 8000 no problem. Any ideas?
    Last edited by caniggia; 11-27-2017 at 03:22 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    I went into the problem, no matter what shaft rpm I set for shift from 1 to 2, it always shifts at 7000 rpm, no problem with other gears, can shift 8000 no problem. Any ideas?
    my tune could shift from 1to 2 at 8000RPM. But with other gears could not. can you share you tune file with me?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BSAV View Post
    my tune could shift from 1to 2 at 8000RPM. But with other gears could not. can you share you tune file with me?
    check out your TC lockup schedule

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by txtailtorcher View Post
    check out your TC lockup schedule
    thanks for help, but could not locate the table.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Sharing,a great man.