Thread: DIC Display Messages

Potential Tuner

DIC Display Messages

I am getting some false error messages on the driver information center in the dash, and would like to know if this software can block them from being displayed?

My car is already tuned with HPT VCM suite

Probably should note: 2007 Corvette Z06
    Last edited by [cerberus]; 10-22-2015 at 08:29 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks everyone for looking, I am going to take the lack of responses as a no. I will have to address it another way if possible.

Thank You

Senior Tuner
    You have provided little to no information about what messages you are getting. I don't think people are much for guessing. The message source and content might determine if the software can correct it. Anything BCM or other module besides ECM/TCM related, is likely not address-able.
    Jaime

Tuner
    Why do you think they are false? What messages?
    The answer is pretty much going to be no.. The dic is fed messages over low speed Gm lan, hp tuner runs off of high speed.. If the pcm is sending erroneous data to the bcm and the bcm to the dic causing codes you may be able to possibly correct the pcm outgoing data but doubtful..

Potential Tuner
    I wasn't trying to be a smart ass. I legit assumed it was out of scope of the software, since it is a message on the dash interface, not a CEL.

Well I do not believe they are "false" per say, but a false positive or overly sensitive. The notification is a Service Electrical System or service charging system message. The dealer will either check a specific circuit for a fault, and if none is found replace the alternator. I have done both and I am still getting the message. No one seems to know exactly what kind of condition causes the message to be displayed, some say spark plugs can cause it to trip.