Thread: 2015 Dodge Charger Scat Pack - Baro Learn not disabling

Tuner in Training

2015 Dodge Charger Scat Pack - Baro Learn not disabling

I already emailed support on this one. The car has a DiabloSport modified PCM that we sent the calibration to HPTuners and they got up up and running to be able to flash new files on.

I'm only posting this here in case anyone runs into a similar issue. Baro Learn is disabled in the calibration, but does not actually disable and while logging, the barometric pressure continues to change. (swinging from 14.2 to 15.3psi, which where I am, is not possible.)

I'll update this post as new information becomes available.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, apparently they got nothing for me on this one...

Anyone else have any thoughts as to why selecting Disable on Baro Learn would not actually disable baro learn?

Quote Originally Posted by MattFJP View Post
    Ok, apparently they got nothing for me on this one...

Anyone else have any thoughts as to why selecting Disable on Baro Learn would not actually disable baro learn?
    I'm working on putting a table in there that may help solve your issue...

Tuner in Training
    Outstanding, thank you Mark!

Yeah this is a common thing with Diablosport, they release new calibrations and in the process of mapping it out, something doesn't quite compute or translate and something in the cal doesn't actually do what it's supposed to do.....but it's a rarity i find anything like that with HP, just trying to help you guys best I can.

If you need anything from me, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by MattFJP View Post
    Outstanding, thank you Mark!

Yeah this is a common thing with Diablosport, they release new calibrations and in the process of mapping it out, something doesn't quite compute or translate and something in the cal doesn't actually do what it's supposed to do.....but it's a rarity i find anything like that with HP, just trying to help you guys best I can.

If you need anything from me, let me know.
    No problem, I'll have support send you an email with something to try in a bit

Tuner in Training
    Sounds great Mark, thank you so much.

Hey while I got you here, do you have any idea if/when we might have tuning support for the TCM and 8HP70?

Tuner in Training
    Mark,

Good news and bad news...

Bad news...it didn't work, BARO still updates while driving...I have TPS voltage set to 4.5V which I definitely havn't hit since I'm not going WOT on the street yet (no wideband)

Good news...it doesn't seem to swing nearly as much as before. I recorded 13.9 to 14.2PSI barometric. I'm emailing the log and config over to support, maybe you can catch it and take a look.

Tuner in Training
    Ok so apparently there's been a change that I havn't seen with this...

Originally, the description said "Below this throttle voltage, BARO Learn will be disabled"

Now it says "Below this throttle delta........"

I guess that explains it, lol... Thanks Mark.

Tuner
    Did you ever get the baro to not learn? Im working on a supercharged 2015 challenger scat pack that will not stop updating the baro while driving. Ive played with the baro learn delta throttle min table and nothing seems to work. Also have the baro learn "disabled". What did you end up doing to get it to stop updating?

Tuner in Training
    Unfortunately not. I have no solution for this.

Tuner
    I wonder if its safe to let the car go out the door like this? Our baro here is ~13.1psi, while i was driving around earlier, it ended up around 13.9psi by the time i got back to the shop. I guess unless it kept climbing upwards it would probably be ok, because everytime you turn the key on it should update back to true barometric pressure. idk.... just thinking out loud
    Last edited by totalengine; 09-19-2016 at 06:48 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Have had same issue with some o/s also.
    Good fix is : Engine Diagnostics/Pressure/Baro voltage max
    Set this to around 2.20v which equates to about 101-102kpa sea level where I am.
    It allows it to read lower, but baro wont go any higher than that max.
    If you live at altitude, slightly lower voltage limit may be the go.
    Best solution I've come up with so far.