Thread: LSX454 Tune

Tuner in Training

LSX454 Tune

We just installed LSX454 with LS7 intake. Engine starts up and dies. Where do we start? Is there a starting template we can use? New Beginner to tuning...

Advanced Tuner
    What kind of car is it in? What controller are you using? Post you tune.

Start with the basics. Injector data is extremely important. MAF tune or Speed Density? If MAF, what sensor and housing? If you use factory GM parts, you can typically take some of this data from factory tune files to get a good starting point. I would also add some Idle Air and RPM so you can get it running and tweak from there.

Without knowing more details, it's nearly impossible to point you in the right direction.

Tuner in Training
    1959 Vette with GM controller...I'm in Nebraska and it's my Dad's car in Missouri. I will post the tune after this weekend hopefully. Thanks for the help.

Correctly dial in the injectors if they are not stock. Add like .5 to the idle and start up air flow tables. Lower your dynamic airflow threshold table to something like 300 | 200 so that you can properly tune your maf curve when you start making fuel adjustments. And read read read post on here.
    Last edited by xBoostx; 11-06-2015 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eddieneil View Post
    We just installed LSX454 with LS7 intake. Engine starts up and dies. Where do we start? Is there a starting template we can use? New Beginner to tuning...
    For starters that camshaft is a pig. It was designed for a single plane manifold and a carb. That engine moves alot of grams/cyl so your going to need to get the VE on point and put some air into the base airflow tables. What is it in? Where is the MAF? Better that in line too.... be prepared for drivability below 1600 to stink that camshaft is on a tight LSA.
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Potential Tuner
    It's in a 59 Vette. I started a new thread that has the tune in it. It's now under my profile CII1967 if you can take a look at it?