Thread: Race Studio 2 data export

Potential Tuner

Race Studio 2 data export

Aim recently released a new version of their Race Studio 2 and in the change log they mentioned they fixed a bug in csv export file. When I export a csv and try to use it in RaceRender I get unexpected/non-usable results. When I compared the new version csv to a csv that was exported from the previous version of Race Studio, I noticed an extra line "Segment Times". Once I removed the extra line, I was able to use the csv from the new version.

I dont know if its worth it for you to make RaceRender compatible with this newer csv format Race Studio is outputting. Or maybe Aim just introduced a new bug while.

Let me know if you want me to send you both new and old version csv. I can't seem to attach them to this post.

Current version of Race Studio: 2.55.32
    Previous: 2.55.22

If you could send the CSV files to me at Info@RaceRender.com, that would be helpful. I'm thinking this must be affecting some sessions but not others... I just tested the export with 2.55.32 here, and I see the "Segment Times" line, but RaceRender didn't have any problem with the sample data I tested. If you could send me yours, I'll take a look at it and will see what we can do to help the situation...

Potential Tuner
    I have emailed you the csv files. These are the settings I used to export the data from Race Studio. I selected all from the channels. And only selected Run 7 from the Lap Time list.
    settings.png
    Last edited by andcap; 10-30-2015 at 01:45 PM.

Thanks for sending the files... The problem turned out to be the user "Comments" field, which contained linefeeds and blank lines that threw off RaceRender's importer. It was just sort of a coincidence that it wasn't able to recover when using the newer format that had the "Segment Times".

A solution for this issue, and some other AIM-related improvements, will be included in the next release of RaceRender (will be ver 3.3.1). In the meantime, the best immediate fix would be to just delete the "Comments" line(s) from the CSV file before bringing it into RaceRender.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the quick support. Confirmed once the comment line was deleted, RaceRender was able to use the csv file just fine.