Thread: Need to change injector settings with fuel pressure change?

Potential Tuner

Need to change injector settings with fuel pressure change?

Car is a 01 Z06 with ECS supercharger kit, otherwise stock. 3 bar SD tune, no MAF, 60 lbs. Siemens-Deka injectors that came with the ECS kit.

I paid a local guy to put a baseline tune in my car, mainly because he had the Greg Banish DVD so he could setup my injectors correctly. Since then I have been tuning VE and making good progress. Now I have swapped in a Walbro 255 from Racetronix and my fuel pressure is around 5 psi higher than it was with the stock pump. Of course, this means my AFRs are all richer than they were. If I modify the IFR table to reflect the new fuel pressure, will that save me from having to rework the VE table? Or I guess, what is the proper way to fix this situation? Do I need to change any of the other injector values?

Senior Tuner
    Fueling changes should be dealt with in fueling tables,
    not airflow tables (VE etc.).

I think the best solution is a manifold referenced FPR
    that will stay where you set it. This also can help the
    big end and little end live with each other, your idle
    fuel pressure will fade and that's good for big ass
    injectors. And if the rail pressure is really manifold-
    constant, your IFR table becomes dead simple. At
    the cost of some plumbing.

You might like to play with the injector spreadsheets
    by redhardsupra (Marcin), they seem to be pretty
    popular and useful (and free).

I'm wondering why you have a 3-bar OS instead of a 2-bar. Wasting some resolution there unless this build is totally tempor To me, the answer to your question depends on if your fuel pressure is flat across an entire pull. If so, your IFR table change would make sense, however I would caution you to watch it throughout an entire pull. Think what happens if your pressure noses over up top some and you whacked the entire table.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.