Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LM-1 Ground Offsets

Advanced Tuner
    Hmm.. I tried using the HPT canned PID for the LM-1 and couldn't get the LM-1 screen to match what HPT was showing.

I finally did 0-5v, 10-18 AFR in LMProgrammer on Analog 2 out, then created a PID in HPT with volts/.625 +9.68. When I set the voltage in LMProgrammer to 2.5, HPT read 14.0 only when I had the 9.68 in there, not 10. Then I programmed it to 0-0volts, and HPT should have reported near 10 AFR, but it was 9 something. I'm afraid I'm only accurate near stoich. Is it because when you set it to 0 volts, your seeing the voltage of the MPVI? I guess I should check 5-5volts and see if it shows 18 AFR in HPT?
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Senior Tuner
    I still believe you're at the mercy of heater current that
    is a variable w/ exhaust flow, near-exhaust airflows and
    ambient temps. Do not think you're going to find a magic
    number that stays put, and even the cig lighter contact
    wipe resistance is going to vary on you day to day. So
    the I*R rise that the heater throws down against the
    OBDII version of ground is not anything to be relied upon.
    Plus you have the second power jack at the unit end as a
    variable contact resistance. It all stacks up and it's all bad.

Advanced Tuner
    So where does that leave me then?

Is this ok?
    I finally did 0-5v, 10-18 AFR in LMProgrammer on Analog 2 out, then created a PID in HPT with volts/.625 +9.68.

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.

Tuner
    So is it the analog out ground, or the lighter plug ground that needs to be fortified, or both? I'm going to try and fiddle with this tonight, and any info would be great. Nice to see that I"m not the only one having issues with this.

Advanced Tuner
    Do you think if you did a calibration when the car was in DFCO and everything was hot, that it would make the numbers more accurate?