Thread: e67 LS2 2007 TBSS Engine Swap issues

Potential Tuner

e67 LS2 2007 TBSS Engine Swap issues

So I picked up a 57k mile take out LS2 with good maintenance history. It's been a battle to get it functional in a 91 Jeep Wrangler, mostly due to competence of local tuner I'm suspecting but non the less I'm trying to decide whether to abandon the e67 and re-harness to an e38 or stick it out with sorting out the tuning/provisioning of this e67 ECU to get it happy. I'm running a manual trans NV4500, and it took the local tuner a few days to figure out how to disable the automatic PCM portion which I assume is tied in with Vehicle speed sensors and other associated safety protocol. He supposedly managed to get the ECU happy enough to do a dyno tune which allowed 100% throttle. I then picked it up and not even 100yds out of the parking lot it's spitting/sputtering and not going over 4k rpms. I drive further and CEL comes on so I take it right back. They hook up scanner and claim there is an intermittent MAP failure and that I have a wiring issue (yet this wasn't present for the expensive dyno tuning????) So I pick it up and go through the wiring harness, replace MAP, still runs horrible. I assumed they were comfy with plugs/wires before tuning as I requested those being replaced to get a baseline but was advised it tuned fine. Well come to find out the right front spark plug wire was dangling and the second from front left spark boot was on but not making connection. Great, so there's my lopey idle and misfire. It's now not generating intermittent CEL while idle or driving, however it's still the slowest turd of a fuel injected V8 I've very driven. So it has to be in a limp mode, however it's not generating any codes with the short little 1 mile test drive I took and I don't really want to drive it any further than I have to in ATL traffic as it's that freaking slow right now, I'd rather drive my ClassA 40' RV in rush hour. Any idea where to look in programming should I convince this local guy to have me breathing down his neck while in the ECU to figure out why this is running so poorly? I'm real close to buying my own HPT software and dive in on my own but I really want to set it once and not screw with it again as I'm not concerned with every ounce of HP, just want this LS2 to actually run like it should and stay that way.

Potential Tuner
    So I've discovered the 5 key cycle reset, that was an interesting experience! However it still defaults to limp mode on the next start, not while driving however. No CEL, just starts up in limp, not really sure where to go with it as it's obvious the local tuner isn't interested in getting his tune right and frustrated with the learning curve of this e67.

Any hints here? Bueller?

Senior Tuner
    You really need to be able to scan it to see what's wrong...a shitty tune in an E67 and a shitty tune in an E38 will still be a shitty tune...and wiring problems to anything won't help.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    You really need to be able to scan it to see what's wrong...a shitty tune in an E67 and a shitty tune in an E38 will still be a shitty tune...and wiring problems to anything won't help.
    I'm sure the tuner neglected some detail or another, however I've hooked up 2 different Bluepoint scanners with no codes to be pulled. So it's start over from scratch with a competent tuner. I've given up on MTI Racing in Atlanta, GA as they won't return phone calls and don't like getting caught with their pants down evidently. Stuff happens, gave them a week and a half to at least call me back to resolve the issue but they leave me no choice but to dispute their credit card charges and spread the word. There's a whole tune or no tune in my eyes.

From what I'm seeing, even though the Auto Trans PCM has been deactivated along with Vehicle Speed Sensor (purportedly by the incompetent tuner) there still needs to be values in the shifting tables for an e67 TrailBlazerSS. I also have no GM Oil Pressure Sensor as I'm using my Jeep sender for gauge purposes.

I know of a gent in Spartanburg that has done a couple of TBSS LS2's into RX7 based race cars with manual trans and successfully, so now it's a matter of toting the Jeep over there and leaving it with him to hunt the missing needle so I have my smoking gun.

Post the tune file
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock