Thread: Air Fuel At Idle -zo6

Potential Tuner

Air Fuel At Idle -zo6

hey guys. im new to the forum and looks like there is a lot of helpfull info here. i have a 02 zo6 with cam, stock ported heads, 90 mm intake, vararam, longtubes and so on. my afr at idle is around 18:1 + and every like 30 sec. it will fall to like 14.5:1 then slowly go back up. the cam is a big cam. should i add more fuel. what is your afr at? thanks in advance.

Sounds like you need to get the VE tuned with your wideband. Turn the MAF off in Engine.Diagnostics MAF Fail <-- Set to 0 Hz
    Go into DTC's & set your P0103 to MIL on first failure.
    Set the ECT vs IAT table under Engine.Fuel Control.Open&Closed Loop to max temps.
    Turn off STFT OpenLoop
    Program
    Now you're in Open Loop SD mode. No need to unplug anything.

Tune up the VE table by using the VE-AFR ERROR % histogram. Copy the error values & paste them by using Right-Click Special Multiply% on the VE table.
    When the AFR error is <1 +/- you're done with the VE table. Re-enable your MAF. Repeat using the MAF-AFR ERROR % histogram. You must be logging MAF in HZ in the Table section . Just right click & add that PID if it's not there (Under Engine.Airflow) then save your configuration for use again.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    they seem to idle better with cams at 14.0:1 better than at near 15.0:1

Potential Tuner
    thanks for all the helpful info. i have another question...i tried to get my afr to log but i cant get the scanner to pick up the signal. iq interface? something like that. i have the aem wide band. thanks again.

Check your AEM's wiring diagrams. Then look in the HPT help file

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!