Thread: Can I tune my Hemi install with HPTuners software?

Can I tune my Hemi install with HPTuners software?

I have a 2007 Jeep Wrangler JKUR. I have installed a 2010 Ram truck engine/trans in it.
    The computer was tuned by Jeep Speed Shop and the Jeep has lots of power but has some poor driving characteristics.
    With the cruse control on, I start up a hill and the thing will down shift 2 gears instead of one. It also get a lot lower fuel mileage than I think it should.
    Anyway, do you think this software will tune it?
    I have no experience with tuning so I will be asking a lot of questions, if I purchase it.

Thanks for any help.

Is there anybody on here that could guess at whether HP Tuners software will read my jeeps PCM?

Potential Tuner
    Welcome to the JSS club of .. "Not having any real information on what Todd did to the ECM". I messaged him a couple days ago and he finally responded with "I only do a little Diablo tune, otherwise it's stock".

Potential Tuner
    Yes the HP Tuner software will read your ECM. I think the newer model JK's 15+ have to be sent in and modified by HPTuner before you can flash to them. I would check their main website and see compatibility.

Advanced Tuner
    So, are you running the Dodge PCM or the Jeep one?

Either way I think you are able to tune, but to what extent I have no clue

https://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php

Digging around in here will give you more information though

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/forum...ing-Engine-Gas

If you ask around in there they should be able to tell you what limitations HPtuners has with that platform.

Potential Tuner
    Did you ever get tuning modified on yours? I am looking for some drive ability smoothing myself. I have a 08 Jeep Wrangler JK with a 2014 Hemi VVT 5.7 and a 545RFE trans. The conversion was done by Jeep Speed Shop and I bought this used recently. The ECM is a NGC4.