Thread: 2010 Silverado Fast Learn

Tuner in Training

2010 Silverado Fast Learn

Dear All,

I am new to this site and HP Tuners and just starting to learn how to use this great tool. I updated my friends 2010 Silverado trans with a 2012 program to try an fix some of the shifting issues that he was complaining about from 3rd to 6th shifting and he had researched and said to use a 2012 or new program or tables which I have done and seems to have corrected most of the issues however it was also recommended to do a fast learn which we started however when performing this function and selecting drive as described and watching it goes into purging then calibrating drive and then fails.

Does anyone have any ideas while this would fail during drive calibration, we did this three times and failed at the same point.

thanks in advance for any assistance

does the truck have an aftermarket converter

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by luisdavid11 View Post
    does the truck have an aftermarket converter
    no all factory, just tried with my snap on scan tool, the same result it failed during drive calibration

set trans settings back to stock and do a write entire and try again

Tuner in Training
    I tried that as well, installed stock program and did test again and it failed during drive calibration not sure what steps to do now, starting to think that something mechanical is wrong within the transmission based on what i could find on the net. Thanks for your help to date.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm assuming thast you're holding the brake the entire time that the Fast Learn runs, correct? The trans also needs to be up to normal operating temperature.

Sounds like you probably know this already, but just wanted to mention it just in case!

Tuner
    you have to monitor some special PID its called fast learn or something so ive heard
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ght=fast+learn

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds like he's already logging that PID - that's where he sees that it fails, etc... I'm assuming that he's doing it correctly, but I have heard that it just doesn't work on all vehicles/ECMs/TCMs...

Potential Tuner
    The 2012-2013 trans os looks for a different brake pedal signal 2012-2013 use a brake pedal position sensor instead of a switch that's why its failing been down the same road my self wont work unfortunately.