Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hemi conversion tuning?

Hemi conversion tuning?

I posted this in one of the other forums and got no response. Is there anyone here that has done a Hemi conversion and used the Jeep Speed Shop kit?

I have a 2007 Jeep Wrangler JKUR. I have installed a 2010 Ram truck engine/trans in it.
    The computer was tuned by Jeep Speed Shop and the Jeep has lots of power but has some poor driving characteristics.
    With the cruse control on, I start up a hill and the thing will down shift 2 gears instead of one. It also get a lot lower fuel mileage than I think it should.
    Anyway, do you think this software will tune it?
    I have no experience with tuning so I will be asking a lot of questions, if I purchase it.

Thanks for any help.

Senior Tuner
    Was the tuned computer the factory JK PCM just reflashed? If so, you should be able to read it and retune.

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Was the tuned computer the factory JK PCM just reflashed? If so, you should be able to read it and retune.
    No it's not the JK PCM, but it is a Chrysler/Jeep PCM. He loaded my Vin into it.
    I'm not sure what PCM it is.

Senior Tuner
    Need to figure that out first to determine if HP Tuners can work. Should be a Chrysler/Dodge part number on the outside, post that up, see if we can help resolve which it is.

Odds are you are going to be able to tune it.

The only thing I can see on the PCM is a sticker that says Jeep Speed Shop.
    I do have the PCM that came with the engine/transmission. But it'll have the wrong Vin. And I don't know what will have to be changed to make it work with my jeep.

Tuner
    you have to read the pcm part number via a scanner you never know what stick has been put on one. If all the vin numbers match it should comunicate and work if it is the orginal one but the body controll module has to be there unless there is something in the ecm that hp can turn off which i haven't seen myself yet.

This is the only sticker on my PCM. Can anyone ID it for me?
    Is there anybody in the Athens Ga. area that would be willing to hook up to my jeep and see if HPTuner software will read my PCM?

pcm.jpg
    Last edited by Thorwon; 11-26-2015 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorwon View Post
    This is the only sticker on my PCM. Can anyone ID it for me?
    Is there anybody in the Athens Ga. area that would be willing to hook up to my jeep and see if HPTuner software will read my PCM?

pcm.jpg
    If it has a motor/trans out of a 2010 Dodge Ram... chances are the PCM is an NGC4. Could you post another picture of the whole front and back of the PCM? Also, getting someone to try and read out the PCM as an NGC4 would be another good way to tell.

Mark thanks for the reply. I'll try to get pictures of both sides when I get off work.

Old thread but did you resolve this?
    Bo Woody owner:
    APS Automotive
    www.apstuning.com
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    405-424-RACE

Tuner in Training
    im dropping a hemi (2012) in my grand cherokee (2007) i have the hemi harness for the grand, hemi grand ecu, as well as the 2012 ecu. i am expecting for all the sensors on the block not to exactly match up all the way, ( more or less sensors from the block/ harness) i know mechanically im good, bolting up to a NAG1. am i gonna see any electrical/ programming issues im not aware of?????

Quote Originally Posted by APS View Post
    Old thread but did you resolve this?
    Sorry for the long time no reply. But no I've not resolved it yet. Jeff at Jeep speed shop said he is working with HPTuners to be able to tune these conversions. But getting info from him is a slow process. So I'm waiting.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorwon View Post
    Sorry for the long time no reply. But no I've not resolved it yet. Jeff at Jeep speed shop said he is working with HPTuners to be able to tune these conversions. But getting info from him is a slow process. So I'm waiting.
    You will be waiting a long time for JSS to figure it out. I'm just north of Birmingham, bring it over and I will try to read it and see what we can do.

Potential Tuner
    Any update on this? I too did the JSS Hemi swap. I spoke to Todd at JSS a few days ago about his "tuning" and he texted me back and said he basically said that he does a "little Diablo tune" but that is it. I just picked up my HP Tuner so I'm trying to get into it a little bit.

Potential Tuner

Also have JSS HEMI

Quote Originally Posted by feroxjb View Post
    Any update on this? I too did the JSS Hemi swap. I spoke to Todd at JSS a few days ago about his "tuning" and he texted me back and said he basically said that he does a "little Diablo tune" but that is it. I just picked up my HP Tuner so I'm trying to get into it a little bit.
    I am going to a Dyno shop this week to have my jeep tested and looked at... We Dyno'ed last week and made a few changes. What I have found so far as Todd tuned the JK for California gas and timing... as well as Cal emissions. I don't know if your are getting any codes but I have been getting several and Todd has been relatively useless because it is so hard to get him on a phone.

Would love to compare you current tune to mine and see how different.

Potential Tuner
    We at Jeep Speed Shop, are the only conversion shop, that has no fire wall in the computer and we have been working with HPTuners so you guys can tune your Hemi conversions. If you have a VVT Truck Hemi we use a 2009 Dodge Ram computer for a base.

Quote Originally Posted by JSS View Post
    We at Jeep Speed Shop, are the only conversion shop, that has no fire wall in the computer and we have been working with HPTuners so you guys can tune your Hemi conversions. If you have a VVT Truck Hemi we use a 2009 Dodge Ram computer for a base.
    Could you please also let us know which PCM you use for your 2007-2010 JK, 6.4 / 392 hemis with manual transmission.

Potential Tuner
    I have puchased a used pcm for 2007 jk from hotwire for 6.4 hemi and look like to be an 09 hemi pcm .
    Last edited by Royghaouche; 03-23-2019 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Royghaouche View Post
    I have puchased a used pcm for 2007 jk from hotwire for 6.4 hemi and look like to be an 09 hemi pcm .
    Thanks! So you're also using a manual trans? Did they put your VIN into the PCM or were you able to do it with HPtuners?

I purchased the JSS "kit" with PCM but they apparently removed all stickers except a little one with a bar code. Haven't tried to start it up yet but I'm anticipating problems, and I don't think they'll respond anytime soon...
    Last edited by rockystock; 03-23-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Yes I’m using manual transmission and they programed it with the provided vin nbr